Move to Dordogne

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sandysman

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
3+
Hi folks,
We are moving, on a temporary basis at first, to the Dordogne. A beek mate is going to babysit whilst we make up our minds whether to make a permanent move. Are there any keepers in northern Dordogne in the area of Piegut Pluviers on the forum that I could link in with from April until Oct?
Andy

Happy to link up, 3km from Piegut Pluviers, 2 other beeks very close, welcome to a rather soggy but (so far) not flooded Dordogne.

Many thanks MJBee.
We will be renting in Busserolles for about six months from April whilst we make up our minds whether to buy in France or not, we know the area pretty well. Have already washed the suit in readiness and I would love to keep my hand in.
Andy

Hi Sandysman, - you have a PM

Hi folks,
We are moving, on a temporary basis at first, to the Dordogne. A beek mate is going to babysit whilst we make up our minds whether to make a permanent move. Are there any keepers in northern Dordogne in the area of Piegut Pluviers on the forum that I could link in with from April until Oct?
Andy

You lucky sod. I love it down there.

Me too - I'm in between Busserolles and Piegut... PM me when you get here :)

Idyllic scenes with no welly boots are conjured up... Bonne chance.

MMM...when I first got down there in 1999, I realised I was driving through countryside that reminded me strongly of Somerset (not at the moment of course), but much bigger. Lovely.

Back