mouseguards

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peteinwilts

Drone Bee
Beekeeping Sponsor
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Lots and lots
lots of activity outside of the hive yesterday. Not sure how far they are flying to get it, but I have not seen anything with bright yellow and biege pollen in the hedgerows, and they are bringing in masses of it.

One hive in particular has a few dead bees stuck in the mouseguard.

A little bit early for inspection, but is it too early to remove the mouseguards to allow them to clear dead bees out??

Ive taken mine out, entrance block back in though.
They seem to have appreciated it, particularly when watching them yesterday.

Mine all off in the SE.
Bees all over crocus today :cheers2: - but daffs wont be open for 3 weeks (not that bees use daffs- just showing how late Spring is).

My mouseguards will come off at the end of March....weather permitting!

Peter

Not sure how far they are flying to get it, but I have not seen anything with bright yellow and biege pollen in the hedgerows, and they are bringing in masses of it.

A little bit early for inspection, but is it too early to remove the mouseguards to allow them to clear dead bees out??

Hazel.

I plan to remove the mouseguards next week or so.

One of my hive's entrance was blocked most of the time with dead bees stuck in the mousegard even though I regularly cleared them away and brushed the floor. I took the mouseguard off and it has made a big difference in terms of activity.

Aren't there any other ways of keeping mice out like a mouse-proof stand or something?

Latest posts

Back