Most expensive honey in Britain?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beesontoast

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
TBH
Number of Hives
Is this a total rip-off or just clever marketing?

You decide...

"It costs just £28.00 per year we maintain your hive in one of our apiaries and supply you with regular updates on the health and productivity of your hive we will also send you 4 jars of honey throughout the year."

http://www.wealdplacefarmbees.co.uk/sponsor.htm

You're not buying honey. You're buying a Christmas present or whatever that is a bit different and getting 4 jars of honey thrown in.

It's the same logic behind sponsoring a rhino or something.

It's a damn sight more than you get for sponsoring a penguin.

And given a (1lb) jar of honey is anything between £4-£5 round here, that's not a bad return at all.

"www.sponsor-my-holiday-to-the-maldives.com"

That should make a nice present for anyone stuck for ideas.

(don't click it I just made it up by the way)

Seriously, hive sponsorship as a private enterprise is an abuse of people's goodwill. Bees and honey have commercial value and their owner is gaining twice. Having said that, this one is not the worst offender by a long shot.

Is this a total rip-off or just clever marketing?

You decide...

"It costs just £28.00 per year we maintain your hive in one of our apiaries and supply you with regular updates on the health and productivity of your hive we will also send you 4 jars of honey throughout the year."

http://www.wealdplacefarmbees.co.uk/sponsor.htm

Young William has big plans, you have not seen anything yet.

It costs just £28.00 per year we maintain your hive

"your hive" I think not somehow.

Not only not yours but probably not a few others as well.

Anybody want to sponsor my best friend to help with a drink problem?

Her name is Mercedes..

500sel.bee-smilliebee-smillie

Just had a look at the website and have not seen so many spelling mistakes on one professional site. I think how you control your advertising reflex's on your business. This seems just a big business money spinner. 800 nucs, as the Americans say 'you do the math'.

It's a damn sight more than you get for sponsoring a penguin.

And given a (1lb) jar of honey is anything between £4-£5 round here, that's not a bad return at all.

I can't see any mention of lb jars anywhere, you may end up with 4 tiny pots from any hive! Then it would be a duff return.
Regards
TBRNoTB

Just had a look at the website and have not seen so many spelling mistakes on one professional site. I think how you control your advertising reflex's on your business. This seems just a big business money spinner. 800 nucs, as the Americans say 'you do the math'.

He's an Essex lad,it's in H'estuary english, if ya no wot i meen

He's an Essex lad,it's in H'estuary english, if ya no wot i meen
ah! that would explain why he also got his own business name wrong.

it is not the most expensive honey either
QUOTE]

well it will come in a lovely green bag :)
if you fell like paying a bit extra it might be delivered
however my dad said he's not earning enough so hopes of that are gone :(

Life Mel's high price tag is down to the fact that it is made by bees fed on a special diet including herbs such as Siberian ginseng and echinacea.

Now how do they do that? fed to them in syrup?

I though pure honey was that which is produced by the bees converting nectar and not that which is produced by feeding them syrup.

Latest posts

Back