Morris Board.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beechcomber

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Been reading the the thread about the Morris Board method posted in March. I wondered if anyone had used it this year with any success.:nature-smiley-013:

Hi Pete, Morris clips? Tell us about THEM please.

Morris clip invented by Chris Morris (Around 1975 I think). A plastic clip that goes on a standard frame making it a hoffman frame.

I use them in my supers as I have them with the metal constellation and with out.

Pete

Did you use this system Oliver and did it work for you and no (by the way) I didn't change my mind that I know of.

PH

Bumble-b

Morris clips was the original name given to the plastic clips(now called Hoffman Clips) that convert the normal straight sided frames ( DN1 or SN1) into Hoffman Frames configeration.
They were invented by me in 1975 and I hold the Patent for them.
They were originally invented by me when in a lesson at Hampshire College of Ag whilst we were discussing the merits of frame spacings.
There were different types/sizes (colour coded) giving different widths.
They were originally made to fit on the side bars, now there are also ones that fit over the topbar and fit down the side bar.
Hope this explanation helps. I still sell them on my web site morris-beekeeping.co.uk

Polyhive,

Got a sfar as making the parts, but no further.

Already too much expansion this year and there are other things which need sorting before the autumn arrives.

I will pm you later.

Regards, RAB

Bumble-b,
I've looked at your website but cannot see any variation in the colours on offer (and widths?) for your plastic frame converters. I bought some black Hoffman conversion jobs that go over the top of the frame and down the sides but found that they didn't take up as much of the width of the metal runner in the box as I wanted, so I have since used wide end spacers that clip over the lug. Six of them interspersed with no spacers, fills the box to perfection and allows me to vary the spacers if I wish to make the bees draw the comb even wider than normal, thereby enabling the bees to store more honey. I haven't actually tried that but the option is there. I am not trying to be smart or put you down in any way at all but would appreciate your comments please.

Morris clips was the original name given to the plastic clips(now called Hoffman Clips) that convert the normal straight sided frames ( DN1 or SN1) into Hoffman Frames configeration.
They were invented by me in 1975 and I hold the Patent for them.
They were originally invented by me when in a lesson at Hampshire College of Ag whilst we were discussing the merits of frame spacings.
There were different types/sizes (colour coded) giving different widths.
They were originally made to fit on the side bars, now there are also ones that fit over the topbar and fit down the side bar.
Hope this explanation helps. I still sell them on my web site morris-beekeeping.co.uk

See I was listening :bigear:

Pete

Blast from the past Bumble-b. I bought my very first hive from him 31 years ago, and it's still in use!

Latest posts

Back