Module 3 results

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cefn Eithaf

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
I am afraid that I failed module 3 with 54% but did feel somewhat better when I discovered that all the folks from our beekeeping association also failed. Wondering whats going wrong and how others on the forum got on ?

Does your association need a new tutor?

Just wondering.

We both self-taught, individually(!), and did well (this time). We have no access to self-help or taught groups and choose not to go the correspondence route.

I would recommend from talking to others (and a group of our members who did Module 1 this way a few years back) that you sign up as a group for the correspondence course. The BBKA (if you are WBKA, not sure how this works) are quite happy to have collated responses to the set work which makes it excellent value. Means you will get the right level of learning, right end of the many sticks etc.

Good luck.

We both self-taught, individually(!), and did well (this time). We have no access to self-help or taught groups and choose not to go the correspondence route.

I would recommend from talking to others (and a group of our members who did Module 1 this way a few years back) that you sign up as a group for the correspondence course. The BBKA (if you are WBKA, not sure how this works) are quite happy to have collated responses to the set work which makes it excellent value. Means you will get the right level of learning, right end of the many sticks etc.

Good luck.

What do these exams enable you to do/become?

I was just about to ask the same question. Other than knowledge, what purpose does the Basic and additional assessments serve?

I expect the experts will be along in a bit. The Modules to me provide a reasonable route to the accurate assemblage of knowledge in useful and/or vital subjects related to beekeeping.

From the knowledge gained - and there's lots of copy-paste, inaccurate and questionable stuff on beekeeping out there on the web and in books (even allowing for acceptable viable variation in things such as queen rearing and swarm control) - comes the ability to reason, assess, discuss, evaluate etc and be a better beekeeper as a result. The Basic really is a gateway to the fundamental tools, beyond that is a lifetime of learning however you choose to do it.

Now, for some, they are disciplined enough to pick the right books and learn without a goal in terms of time and level. Great. Others prefer a set deadline for that learning. At the end, either way, by learning about disease, behaviour, Honey regs, bit of botany, bee breeding etc it will up your game as a competent practical beekeeper. And drastically reduce the questions on here:yeahthat:

As for "become": a confident tutor or mentor (with appropriate practical experience), FE tutor, masterclass tutor, employed in beekeeping in certain environments. A question you need to answer yourself - if that bit is important to you.

I might look into doing them myself when I don't have too much college/uni work to do

If you are set an exam you will revise and learn and this knowledge should make you a better beekeeper but for how long you can remember it is another thing, the younger the better they say and i'm inclined to agree, perhaps we should have a module question and answer page using passed exam questions to help those who are studying set by some of the forums tutors

100% passes and a distinction (88%) from our two local BBKAs,

we work on our own on a section of the syllabus them have an hours meeting discussing what we have found ( a longer meeting if we meet in a pub :)

Yates is a pass and ok for module 1,2&3 but on module 6 i wish i had not paid money for his book,,especailly for the new revisions to the syllbus

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back