Mobile honey extracting line for Anglesey beekeeper

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We should all get one, maybe a spare too just in case.

Very nice, wouldn't get it within half a mile of some of my out apiaries.

Needs a full hgv 1 driving licence to move that round!!!!!!

And the children in one Cornish school have been sent home because the" Academy "could not find the few hundred quid to fix the school boiler.

Immoral waste of funding for the few.... whilst the many go without.

I have to pay my own way!!!

Cheers;619731 said:
And the children in one Cornish school have been sent home because the" Academy "could not find the few hundred quid to fix the school boiler.

Immoral waste of funding for the few.... whilst the many go without.

I have to pay my own way!!!

I know what you mean, seems wrong, but if they've managed to work the system good luck to them.
I decided many moons ago going the grant route wasn't for me, I'm sure it makes sense if you have a specific project in mind and the patients to jump through the hoops mind.

yeogi75;619732 said:
well done if true :winner1st:

Yes....a nice piece of kit which seems to work beautifully on flat, even ground. Remind me again, how flat/even are the roads in Wales?

I hope they don't paint it black, the way the one in the video is painted. It would get very hot/sweaty inside if they do.....mind you, it probably comes with air conditioning too!

B+.;619736 said:
.....mind you, it probably comes with air conditioning too!

Air conditioner unit on the roof in the video ;)

I would like to see them get to my sites, a few I have been winching to this week:laughing-smiley-004

how many hives do you need that to be worth it? (some dodgy maths) 21 supers in 12 mins

runing for 3 hours at a time as that thing will be a pain to move so you going to have a stockpile of 525 supers.

Does anglesey have that many bee hvies to suppot that type of production?

Also they website link is wrong it's .com not .co.uk but they are still making they website so noting to see

peterbees;619719 said:
See this press release https://tinyurl.com/ybobkdw8
Fully funded by the Welsh Government.
Can this possibly be true?

If you look internet "mobile honey extraction", you find a Canadian company, which has made the first mobile.... In co- operation with European company. Exactly the same same video.

In NZ there is too a new " First in the world mobile". ????

It seems that this is a consortion, which develops world wide service and honey harvest system. Perhaps Ireland is the manufacturing place to that product.

I do not know and this is not my busines, but the truck is something else what it seems at first. Finnish Paradise honey is in that project.

On the one hand, there's a time and fuel saving to extracting on-site as well as a saving in having a permanent building dedicated as a honey house/warming room (but, all those empty supers will still have to be stored somewhere in winter).
On the other hand, it's a big piece of equipment to buy/maintain and operate.
With a 120 frame/run extractling line, this has got to be something only large-scale beekeepers would consider.

I am appalled if it’s true. What the devil is the Welsh Assembly doing wasting money like this on a private enterprise

justsmith;619740 said:
how many hives do you need that to be worth it? (some dodgy maths) 21 supers in 12 mins

runing for 3 hours at a time as that thing will be a pain to move so you going to have a stockpile of 525 supers.

Does anglesey have that many bee hvies to suppot that type of production?

Also they website link is wrong it's .com not .co.uk but they are still making they website so noting to see

Allegedly she has over a thousand hives

peterbees;619741 said:
Website has been under construction for ages.

She got a grant for that, I was offered the same - about the only money that is available to beekeepers.

But I suppose, when you have a PhD in beekeeping, the world's your lobster.

Erichalfbee;619746 said:
I am appalled if it’s true. What the devil is the Welsh Assembly doing wasting money like this on a private enterprise

I more worryed that they need one for anglesey as it's a lot of hives for a small island which has to be pushing out all the other type of bees. Enterprises like this will give us a bad name and a am a bit upset that bbka is suppoting this.

Anglesey is less than 300 square miles so they must be at least 2-10 hives for every square mile of the island. (or they know how to play the grant system)

Latest posts

Back