Meon Valley Beekeeping Auction Sat 6 May

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Somerford

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Wiltshire, Somerset, S Glos & S Oxfordshire
Hive Type
National
Hi all
Meon Valley Bee Auction this Saturday at
Greatham Village Hall, nr Petersfield, Hampshire
GU336AD

Went last year was a good Auction

Let me know if anyone is going and we can put names to faces

KR

Somerford

And lovely cake it was too. My boys were frequent visitors to the refreshments stand !

Some crazy prices being paid for kit today

2 x 14x12 brood chambers £50

Complete national hive £95

Loads of Langstroth kit (well it is Hampshire!)

2 extractine manual extractors fetched over £160 each

Bees - just 3 full colonies all fetching over £165

The weather held. Only downside was my younger son getting stung below the eye but he must be totally immune as he hasn't reacted.....but I did when we got home to Wiltshire as the little so and so only left his new zip up fleece on the playground by the zip wire and I don't fancy a 3.5 hr round trip to find it !!!!!

Have you contacted the organisers re the fleece? If not I can ask on your behalf.

Have you contacted the organisers re the fleece? If not I can ask on your behalf.

Ask away please I know he'll be grateful. Thanks

My beekeeping tutor mentioned this auction , he didn't seem to think there were many bargains to be had , £95 for a national dosen't seem so cheap

My beekeeping tutor mentioned this auction , he didn't seem to think there were many bargains to be had , £95 for a national dosen't seem so cheap
We have an acquaintance who gets involve with this auction, he says the same novelty items come up year on year!
Bet there will be a lot of Flow hives up for grabs... OK if you are into Langstroths.
Was going to ship some WBCs there this coming year... but now have a buyer locally!

Latest posts

Back