Members

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Personally, if it wasn't for associations insisting on its members being affiliated and it had to rely on its own merits to survive, I don't think it would exist. So the true membership, a very very small number.

@ 1/1/2020 : 26,799 per ADM papers

Personally, if it wasn't for associations insisting on its members being affiliated and it had to rely on its own merits to survive, I don't think it would exist. So the true membership, a very very small number.

There are a few associations that aren't affiliated to the BBKA. I'm a member of Bedfordshire BKA which isn't affiliated.

I pay the minimum membership as a County member

Rarely go to any local association meetings as some of the other so called beekeepers that are staunch true blue BBKA members are nauseating to say the least and seem to object to commercial beekeepers.

I do not pay their insurance levies,.........

But do get the BBKA magazine ( Which seems to be getting thinner, the type set font even smaller, and the content very thin!! Good read for beginners and two hive hobbyists! Perhaps
I post it on to Cousin Jack in Canada......

I just wonder how much of the BBKA membership actually keep bees???

Reason I was asking , BASC /NFU these boys have all these vehicle discount schemes , guess the BBKA is too small for that

Reason I was asking , BASC /NFU these boys have all these vehicle discount schemes , guess the BBKA is too small for that
They used to have a discount at the worlds most expensive beekeeping suppliers and bookers cash and carry access but not sure if that is still the case. You may get 10% at freeman and harding but not 100% on that. Don't get membership cards anymore and the benefits were on the back.
The members don't need discount vehicles the hives are generally in the garden.

They used to have a discount at the worlds most expensive beekeeping suppliers and bookers cash and carry access but not sure if that is still the case. You may get 10% at freeman and harding but not 100% on that. Don't get membership cards anymore and the benefits were on the back.
The members don't need discount vehicles the hives are generally in the garden.
10% of jars if your a bbka member.

You should be able to calcu

I think its wrong to compare BBKA to BASC and NFU.

NFU is a massive organisation, with many strings in its bow.

BASC are prominent in anything to do with shooting and hunting. Try watching, listening or reading anything to do with shooting issues in the UK, and BASC are quoted.

BBKA (Should be EBKA IMO) isn't powerful or prominent enough to get traction on any issues. As horrible as it may sound, BBKA is more like the Massey owners club.
Just look at the recent importation debate. They were on the TV for 5 seconds saying they are dead against bee imports. That seems to be it. Haven't seen, or heard them do anything else. The guy importing the bees has been all over the press.

You should be able to calcu

I think its wrong to compare BBKA to BASC and NFU.

NFU is a massive organisation, with many strings in its bow.

BASC are prominent in anything to do with shooting and hunting. Try watching, listening or reading anything to do with shooting issues in the UK, and BASC are quoted.

BBKA (Should be EBKA IMO) isn't powerful or prominent enough to get traction on any issues. As horrible as it may sound, BBKA is more like the Massey owners club.
Just look at the recent importation debate. They were on the TV for 5 seconds saying they are dead against bee imports. That seems to be it. Haven't seen, or heard them do anything else. The guy importing the bees has been all over the press.

A Google search told me that BASC does have around 150k members and get very good deals but surely theres a car maker somewhere low on sales looking for an affiliation .....

A Google search told me that BASC does have around 150k members and get very good deals but surely theres a car maker somewhere low on sales looking for an affiliation .....
They'd rather affiliate with a pesticide company or something worthwhile.

Latest posts

Back