Melliflow pro

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dickndoris

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Just wondering if any of you are using one of these machines and have any tips? Like if you use a bag for the old brood wax for example and at what temp you use for granulated in comb honey.
Cheers in advance. Pick one up tomorrow

Excellent bit of kit, really multi-functional. Mine gets uses as a warming cabinet during the winter months.

Nope just let the tray stop the wax, although no reason why you couldn't use a bag. Very difficult to recrystallise honey in frames as the temps required usually means the wax foundation collapses.
I usually keep turning cappings for few days before running off the drained edible honey....then wack the heat up and drain into buckets for wax and bakers honey.
At end of season when you have melted off all the cappings and wax, you can use boiling water to bring it back shiny new condition. Watch the ball valve (I think they have changed it now on the later models) but it has habit of gumming up on the wax run and having to poke a stick inj it to clear it.

Works very well with a steam uncapping knife...it's not the perfect uncapping solution but it's very fast.

Perfect. Sounds like it's a good machine:) This is a used one as the price for new was a wee bit too much but will check the valve out.
Have a couple of barrells of old comb to melt up so it's going to be busy doing that first.

Back