Melli flow temperatures

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Twidle

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
I have just bought a Lyson Melli flow uncapping device and am looking for advice on temperature settings for the top and bottom heaters as I have to extract a load of frames from last season. Cheers, John

If you bought it new surely it came with instructions? You could ask Abelo as I understand they sell them.

But everything depends what's inside.
Thanks for that; I have offered to extract a batch for a mate and don't know yet what I will be faced with. Fingers crossed that it is all still runny inside the combs and a gentle warming is all that is needed. Vain hope, no doubt.

Link to the Swienty brand which I see no reason for any difference. Would advise you start early in the day as it can take a while to melt down. An issue I find when draining off the wax is it solidifying when coming through the shut off value - a warm room helps & next time around for me I’ll be directing a decent fan heater over the value.

https://www.bees-online.co.uk/resource-downloads/DANA_api_MELTER_info.pdf

Abelo sent me this English manual. It doesn't offer much practical advice but does tell you how to use the control panel.
The apimelter instructions linked to below look good.

The BFA journal had a useful article about apimelters a few years back, if you haven't already might be worth subscribing to get access to the back issues. You do get access with full membership so I assume the same with magazine subscription only.

Attachments

• melliflow.pdf
    180.9 KB · Views: 61
Abelo sent me this English manual. It doesn't offer much practical advice but does tell you how to use the control panel.
The apimelter instructions linked to below look good.

The BFA journal had a useful article about apimelters a few years back, if you haven't already might be worth subscribing to get access to the back issues. You do get access with full membership so I assume the same with magazine subscription only.
Really helpful, thanks for that. Cheers, John

Thanks for all the input; I have managed to run a batch through and all seems well. The honey had started to crystallise so it was a melt-out task. It was a while before it sank in that the scary high top temperature was exactly that and not the temperature of the honey. It seemed to work with 42 at the bottom and 80 at the top.

Latest posts

Back