Measurments check.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
I've just bought a couple of nucs off e-bay and wondered if the measurements are correct.

The space between the tops of the frames and the crown board is 5/8" or 7/32" with the crown board turned over. The internal length overall is 17 7/16". The internal width is 7 1/2". The reason I'm asking is that there seems to be quite a gap width ways and the frames can slide back and forth length ways which would be enough to crush the bees between the frame ends and the wall.

Hi
Still new to all this but may be you bought national nucs and your
frames are smiths which are shorter.

Keith

I gave the hives a good looking at this afternoon and realised how poorly they were made. They are supposedly made of deal and are selling on e-bay for £30 each. Me being lazy decided it would be easier to buy them at that price rather than make them. Anyway to get to the point, the nuc's have been cobbled together with off cuts and most of the joints were split including a nail protruding, about 3/4 of an inch, right next to the top rail where they would be picked up. They have been re-packaged and will be sent back tomorrow.

Latest posts

Back