Help Support Beekeeping Forum:

tramp 

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
Hi folks

My name is Chris and after months of reading some excellent comments its time for my first post. Guess what; it's a begging letter.

My Queen failed. There was a supersede but she did not return, so now my colony is Queen-less and I am urgently in need of a replacement queen.

The colony is very strong but I'm thinking its probably too late in the year to give it a frame of eggs.

The type of queen I am looking for is mongrel with a good temperament. If anybody one can help please contact me.

:cheers2:

iball 

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
Are you absolutely certain that you're queenless?

Can you put a frame of brood from your other hive in the Q- hive to check. It may be a little late to rear and mate a queen but she may just be hiding!!

If all else fails and you can't requeen you'll be able to combine with your other hive and have a strong colony to overwinter.

There were some queens on ******** a few days ago.

Good luck

Ian

VEG 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
15+-some
If you cant get another queen then unite with your other colony

Midland Beek 

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
none
Quite how anyone can tell that there isn't a queen in their hive without a test frame is beyond me. Surely it is verving on the impossible. Even if you put every bee through a queen excluder, there might still be a queen that is small enough to pass through.

oliver90owner 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Quite how anyone can tell that there isn't a queen in their hive without a test frame....

:iagree:

Perhaps not the 'beyond me' bit.

I reckon I could be pretty damn sure. If it was a small colony and I was knowing all the facts. Or maybe with a marked queen!

Obviously niether of these are, or should be, applicable here - and a new beek? A simple test frame is the standard route. That is why a lot of us recommend starting with two colonies.:banghead: What you do then is another matter. There are options.

Look how many posts there have been recently where a 'phantom' queen has started laying before the newly ordered replacement has arrived.

RAB

PS welcome to the forum, even if you have been a member for nearly a year.

Latest posts