• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Mated queen needed urgently

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RosieMc

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Having found the marked queen dead on the runners of my only colony, presumed dead for a few days due to age of larvae, and no q cells being built, I am in need of a mated queen. Has anyone got one to sell? Thanks

You could try pm to hivemaker
But
Could there be a daughter in there?
Unless of course she might have been damaged during an inspection?

Last edited:
Oh the thought of splatting queens when I am sure that there is more than me in a similar position. If anyone can help I worked be so heartened

Oh the thought of splatting queens when I am sure that there is more than me in a similar position. If anyone can help I worked be so heartened

You do not understand how many Queens gets made and sent to the lord if they do not make the grade, hopefully you have a result.

Sorry to jump on your post, but perhaps I could rescue one from the gates.

I'm also looking for a queen have a swarm which appears to be queen less they are trying to draw queen cells opposed to creating fresh comb

Thanks in advance

I would happily donate my queen from hell. But I really don't think anyone wants one this bad. But if you do, Monday is the day I'll be looking for her.

I don't think anyone would want a queen from hell. Been there, done that, never again

Hopefully the weather will be kind this weekend when you carry out your inspections. Perhaps this post will help others in a similar situation

Last edited:
I don't think anyone would want a queen from hell. Been there, done that, never again

At least her offspring will have known characteristics and ....I'm giving her away for free. Will even pay the postage :D

is she that bad? I must admit the one hive i have that's going well are very friendly. and this swarm that appears to be queenless are a bit more feisty so I can't imagine they could be much worse. on the other side they mite want to be fierce for the waspies

Any offers to adopt your Miss Nasty? No? Surely she has some good points. You could always blame the father

Back