Many quiet members

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Polyanwood

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
what does it mean?

Everyday more people join the forum, which is great, but many people are super quiet... they never post

Hello, hello, i know you are there. This is your forum. you can make it better.

:party:

Its the Pareto effect.
It applies to forum posters as well as business,It also must be the worst time to start a beekeeping forum due to members not joining up and asking for instant help.

Given time I think this forum will be a great success,we already have a great relaxed atmosphere and some of the best beekeepers online posting.

The Pareto principle (also known as the 80-20 rule,the law of the vital few and the principle of factor sparsity) states that, for many events, roughly 80% of the effects come from 20% of the causes.

Business management thinker Joseph M. Juran suggested the principle and named it after Italian economist Vilfredo Pareto, who observed that 80% of income in Italy went to 20% of the population.
It is a common rule of thumb in business; e.g., "80% of your sales comes from 20% of your clients."

The Pareto principle is only tangentially related to Pareto efficiency, which was also introduced by the same economist, Vilfredo Pareto. Pareto developed both concepts in the context of the distribution of income and wealth among the population.

Admin,i never knew you had it in you,you are evidently an educated man.

Oxford I will have you know!
Although my dyslexic posting would say otherwise.

If something need to bee changed, 1-3% will prepere the change.
It is luck if there exist 2 person among 100 people to do that.
It is easier to kick arse to those 2 persons than change style of those 98 persons.

Moderators will handle that kicking ...(o)

Are you nocturnal Finman?
Very impressive... perhaps you are getting like the famous Margaret Thatcher:ack2:

All the best people are Dyslexic, )

Hi

I go qiet for a week or two and then will return in full, just am so busy, at work, and with other winter projects!

Cheers

Dave

Last night was particularly barren, looks like i was the only saddo not out partying !!

IM STILL HERE THO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GFBear.jpg

True I was out partying and I have had to accept the shocking truth that some of the posts i have made on return from the pub were probabaly a mistake!!:cheers2:

Back