Mann Lake postage

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
I was asked at checkout fo £17.50 postage. ( to Nr.Ireland) My purchase was 2 Superboost.
Crazy! Needless to say, cancelled:icon_204-2:

Last edited:
I was asked at checkout fo £17.50 postage. ( to Nr.Ireland) My purchase was 2 Superboost.

totally acceptable, courier charges are higher to N Ireland.
this is due to consignments have to be air shipped over or transported by sea, all this additional handling adds to the costs, they do not fly it for free nor do the ferry companies give free passage.
when the containers reach N Ireland they have to be unloaded and sorted again so additional handling costs

courier charges are on a set rate of a max weight if your item weighs 2 kg it costs just as much to send as an item at 20kg

also this includes packing costs, all this costs money when "you" are spending over ££££££ per month on void fill and cardboard boxes you will understand why you are charged for it

Perhaps it might be worth contacting Mannlake to ask them if that shipping rate correct as it might be a glitch in their webshop that they don't know about and thus it doesn't charge correctly for small postable items or perhaps the weight of the superboosts has been entered incorrectly and thus it's charging for a courier ship item.

With regards charges for NI, We generally can't sell our products due to the shipping Charges from either of my companies to NI, even when we only charge what it costs us to courier all our goods out. Another expensive area to ship to is IOM, IOW, North Scotland.

The courier we use - and we only have the option of 1 because of where we are based, have flat rates to those countries, plus limits on weight as well. It's very frustrating from our point of view, and our customers who miss out on our unique products ( my other company not my bee one 🙄)

I'd Drop Mannlake and email to ask them about NI shipping on the part you wanted.

Andy

totally acceptable, courier charges are higher to N Ireland.
this is due to consignments have to be air shipped over or transported by sea, all this additional handling adds to the costs, they do not fly it for free nor do the ferry companies give free passage.
when the containers reach N Ireland they have to be unloaded and sorted again so additional handling costs

courier charges are on a set rate of a max weight if your item weighs 2 kg it costs just as much to send as an item at 20kg

also this includes packing costs, all this costs money when "you" are spending over ££££££ per month on void fill and cardboard boxes you will understand why you are charged for it

What are you talking about? This is envelope stuff. Small bits and pieces from Thns first class is usually £3.50

What are you talking about? This is envelope stuff. Small bits and pieces from Thns first class is usually £3.50

hey wind your neck in.
thought you were on about supers with that shipping cost only after penny dropped that realized what meant.

:iagree:

I get my langstroth med frames from Mann Lake - excellent quality but you need bulk order to make the postage charge bearable. (Also in NI)

:iagree:

I get my langstroth med frames from Mann Lake - excellent quality but you need bulk order to make the postage charge bearable. (Also in NI)
Just had a reply to my enquiry. The postage for that order should be £3.75.To get the correct postage, order by phone.

Latest posts

Back