Making Soft Set Honey

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Number of Hives
0 - Now in beeless retirement!
Be gentle on me, this is my first attempt at making a video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLGE-7n0_Ko

And yes, I know it isn't going to win an Oscar - and not just because they were held last week. The technical issues are quite daunting, not least the sound track which I thought would be the easy bit.

Makes it look easy. Just as it should be. There will be a few more out there that will be making soft-set after watching the video. Enjoyed it.

Regards, RAB

Well done very nice :)

I did a batch over the weekend, one thing I noticed in the video was how running it still was going on the toast - I dont think that was fully soft set?

PS it is a nice video :)

Last edited:
Nice one Cecil B De-mill only one point John should that have been done on a table and not on the floor?

Regards;

Thanks for that Rooftops. It`s much better watching it like that than trying to work it out from a book. :cheers2:

Darren.

I cant fault it,sound and video both very good.
Very clear instructions as well.
:cheers2:

Now go put it in the video section,just point to the youtube url and the software will fill in all the details for you.

I'll add it to the video section although at the moment there seems a temporary fault preventing me doing it.

And well done Jezd for spotting the honey used on the toast was a bit runny. I confess it was not the honey shown in the shot just before - it came from the half filled jar which had the last scrapings from the bucket and it was not as well mixed as the rest.

I did it on the floor simply because that was easier for filming, but when it came to mixing the honey with the drill it was also more convenient having it on the floor. Just need to wear a silly hat when doing the mixing to prevent the last of my hair falling in the honey.

Top video particularly liked the bit at the end when you had a bit of toast with your honey.
Well done do more

A picture paints a thousand words.

Fantastic video and clear well spoken instructions.
I would be interested to know the type of your base honey.

I used to sell direct to the public and offered tastings.

I remember one gannet who in the course of eating near half a pound of creamed OSR told me at great length and in great detail how much he hated the smell and taste of OSR honey.... Ho hum...

Personally I think creamed honey sounds more luxurious than "soft set".

Spin and marketing. ;)

PH

Latest posts

Back