Maisie's Sale

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With this and the Abelo sale it could be an expensive month.

advert%201st%20oct%202021.png

...but the Porter bee escapes are only 50p! Perhaps we should have competition of suggestions of what they are best used for - keep it clean, please

...but the Porter bee escapes are only 50p! Perhaps we should have competition of suggestions of what they are best used for - keep it clean, please
Strange as it may seem, my landowner has some hives and I've seen super stacks cleared with not a single bee left in them through not only Porter escapes but ordinary boards with no eke.
Found quite a few bees still left in supers with rhombus boards (with eke) and one colony where I resorted to a board between each super in the end.

As already said regarding poly Nuc’s……sale prices…….what sale prices :eek:
I seem to recall buying commercial poly’s at £26/£28……..at £55 that’s more than a bit steep for me

On going sales. I’m wondering if anyone buy beekeeping equipment (high value items) these days not during a sale. I know I don’t.

Brexit
Not worth it anymore with the duty

Last edited by a moderator:
I normally spread my acquisitions over autumn sales and Beetradex. If you are similar, you might want to check your favoured supplier is attending. AFAIK Maisemore will not be there so I will need to get all I need in the forthcoming sale.

As already said regarding poly Nuc’s……sale prices…….what sale prices :eek:
I seem to recall buying commercial poly’s at £26/£28……..at £55 that’s more than a bit steep for me
Is there another supplier selling commercial nucs?
I am looking for around 5-10 new nucs next year.

Not that I know of and at £55 each he can keep them I'll be making my own.

The sub £30 prices I referred to relate to goods purchased a few years ago, they were good value then (at sale price) - at north of £50 that’s too steep. Let’s face it, you can’t clean them really well, they do get propolised up and woe betide the poly nuc if you get a wax moth larva in there:hairpull:
As for other suppliers of Commercial Poly Nuc’s - the only other that springs to mind was/is Abelo.

Latest posts

Back