Maisemore sale

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard Elder

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
just a quick request to see how many of you are still waiting on their items from the Maisemore sale. It's nearly a month since I ordered and although I had a reply to my email 2 weeks ago saying they were about 3 weeks behind, I'm still waiting!!
Although I appreciate the current situation I would have thought they might even have put a message up on their website.

I was thinking this morning I would come on here, and update the other thread, and see if anyone else was still waiting.

I ordered 28th June, had email 6th July saying 3 weeks behind.

Still no order.

All my stuff has now arrived (about a week ago). I rang them a couple of times and they offered to 'bump me up the list' as I said I had ran out of supers (which was true). I don't know if they really did or if it was just my turn.

Basically - try giving them a call to see when it is coming they may do the same for you.

Placed 26th June at 0950 so fairly early on in the sale (less than 10h in out of 72 and I'm guessing not a huge rush in the first 7 hours). I think that suggests there isn't really a queue as such unless it's reverse order.

Not had anything to update me on the delay. Pretty disappointed really given it was supers i have no particular need for now (having made them myself) and frames I've bought from elsewhere.

Placed 26th June at 0950 so fairly early on in the sale (less than 10h in out of 72 and I'm guessing not a huge rush in the first 7 hours). I think that suggests there isn't really a queue as such unless it's reverse order.

Not had anything to update me on the delay. Pretty disappointed really given it was supers i have no particular need for now (having made them myself) and frames I've bought from elsewhere.

They told me they were doing the small orders first, no idea if there is any truth in that or just something to say to try and keep people quiet.

My order number is 1515 so I don't know if they started at 1 and I would say my order is fairly small (just over £110) hopefully get it before Christmas!!

Mine was a smallish order too, which came a week ago. (I hadn't expected it to arrive quickly.) Would have been earlier but for the delivery co. not being able to find my address. I rang Maisies at one point because of the delivery issue, and gathered they've been flat-out, as you can imagine, and that some people have been pretty unpleasant, which isn't on, is it?

they've been flat-out, as you can imagine, and that some people have been pretty unpleasant, which isn't on, is it?

:iagree:

Seems that some people aren't happy unless they're whingeing.
The June Saturday morning sale used to be just that, a frantic scrabble on a Saturday morning, all the staff get roped in - the girls from the office, lads in the sawmill, the beekeepers - even Mrs Eric does her stint keeping the shop going everyone takes away and loads their kit into their own vehicles and by the afternoon all is back to normal. no box packing, pallet loading, courier booking etc. etc. and the only people who turn up are the ones within reasonable travelling distance. This year, on top of having to pack up and courier all the convention pre orders they promised to honour (as well as extending the sale) they have opened up their midsummer sale to the whole of the UK to shop from their armchairs.
I think a bit of tolerance is in order.

:iagree::iagree:
If you want things at a bargain price I think you have to accept that you may have to wait a while.

:iagree:
Plus it must be remembered, if circumstances find you suddenly low on sundries and kit and you desperately need equipment, that is the fault of the beekeeper, not the supplier.
Been there myself, cursed for being so stupid and ordered the stuff I needed and paid full price.
I reckon an order for a couple of supers and the frames and wax would have been back within days but not stuff from an online sale with the restrictions we've had in place.

Ordered in sale on Friday morning and I wouldn't normally mind the wait as not urgent. After the sale finished I realised I needed more super frames and so ordered Maisemore's seconds through eBay. They turned up in 2 days. still waiting for the sale order.....

do they sell seconds through ebay on a year round basis?

I didn’t know anything about the sale, but ordered a hive at normal cost, then a week in I was told I’d be waiting a month. (After me calling them)

I needed a hive so had to shop elsewhere and it arrived the day after.

I agree entirely that beekeepers ideally shouldn't run low such that they need things immediately, but criticising others that they are being critical at having to wait over four weeks is ummmm.... pretty hypocritical.

Just as in the case of the beekeeper not running low on stock, perhaps the company should have anticipated the demand (they know how much stock there is) and either not had an online sale and just offered those same items for sale at discounted rates on their website over the entire summer OR have had the PR skills to have warned customers in advance that delivery times might be in excess of a month.

I agree entirely that beekeepers ideally shouldn't run low such that they need things immediately, but criticising others that they are being critical at having to wait over four weeks is ummmm.... pretty hypocritical.

Just as in the case of the beekeeper not running low on stock, perhaps the company should have anticipated the demand (they know how much stock there is) and either not had an online sale and just offered those same items for sale at discounted rates on their website over the entire summer OR have had the PR skills to have warned customers in advance that delivery times might be in excess of a month.

I think this will be a learning curve for Maismore for sure. Some on here seem to know the owners / set up much better than me but it sounds like it is a relatively small operation in general (maybe not in beekeeping equipment terms but in general) and they were maybe a bit naive when they went into this online sale.

It happens. If they do the same next year and it happens again then they would rightly deserve a bit of finger pointing but i do agree with others, if you are desperate for equipment, waiting on a sale is not really the way to go!

My problem was listening to you lot tbh, I am a relatively new beekeeper and keep seeing numerous people moaning that this was a terrible year so thought having twice as many supers as I needed last year would be ok... well that didn't work out ha-ha. Anyway I didn't go ranting at Maismore, that will achieve nothing. I called to inquire and made clear i was not complaining just asking.

I do hope they decide to do an online sale again next year though!

Well said Niv, it is a family affair and when you are passing Gloucester next it is well worth a visit. They are not all young people but they are full of knowledge and really helpful.i visit to do a wax swap once a year. Trust me they are quite a big supplier but in a small premises!
E

Well said Niv, it is a family affair and when you are passing Gloucester next it is well worth a visit. They are not all young people but they are full of knowledge and really helpful.i visit to do a wax swap once a year. Trust me they are quite a big supplier but in a small premises!
E

Its only an hour and a half away so am sure I will venture up there at some point. Maybe when all these restrictions are lifted there would also be a spare spot in my car for a fellow beekeeper (2 x 1.5hrs is good chatting time!).

I do hope they decide to do an online sale again next year though!

They do - every year in October, the June one was just an extra as they couldn't have the open day.
People also have to realise that they are in the hands of the couriers and with the massive surge in online/mail order shopping during the pandemic the carriers have been overwhelmed too. At the height of the crisis even Amazon's next day delivery service was sometimes taking over a week.

They do - every year in October, the June one was just an extra as they couldn't have the open day.
People also have to realise that they are in the hands of the couriers and with the massive surge in online/mail order shopping during the pandemic the carriers have been overwhelmed too. At the height of the crisis even Amazon's next day delivery service was sometimes taking over a week.

Ahh that's good to know as I can get my next season equipment planned in in time for that. is the October normally as good (price wise) as this Junes one?

I do find it amazing that some people do seem to expect deliveries to be 'same as normal'. 'Next day delivery' has raised expectations to people and now they cant cope without it! People need to re-learn planning and patience!

Latest posts

Back