Lyson 20 frame extractor

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tonyf

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Hi

Extractors full ready for 1st spin of the week and it's showing a lid open/emergency stop button pressed symbol which prevents it spinning. Lids not open and emergency stop not pressed.

Feels like it needs reseting or something but power off/on doesn't do it.

Lid microswitch still clicks so hoping that's OK.

Anyone had similar?

Thanks
Tony

You have a 20 frame Dani? I thought you were a hobbyist 😄

I do. A moment of madness 😂
Abelo gave me a cracking deal at the beginning of the plague.
I was after a smaller one and Damien gave me the bigger one at the same price. At least it makes the job easy in a good year.

Have had it with the smaller Lyson extractor just turned it off and back on , it re set itself

What can also happen is you get water in the lid switch when cleaning and it just wont work.If this happens you'll need to use the other plug supplied with the extractor which bypasses the switch but it wont shut down anymore when lid is opened,which i prefer.

There's a switch on the backside of the control unit. Must have knocked it.

I have to smile when retrieving my Konigin from storage and the interlock on the front hatch needs an initial wriggle to allow the controller to work
I imagine the some self appointed h+s bore gently patting it with a pious smile.
You can open the back hatch with the machine going full tilt and climb in if you wanted to.
This feature just had to be a cynical little dig by the manufacturer....

I do. A moment of madness 😂
Abelo gave me a cracking deal at the beginning of the plague.
I was after a smaller one and Damien gave me the bigger one at the same price. At least it makes the job easy in a good year.
Mmm - the old golf story. I'm not really a left hander but the clubs were an absolute bargain................

Mmm - the old golf story. I'm not really a left hander but the clubs were an absolute bargain................
Ha! Not quite the same though is it 😉
It’s been put to good use this year and has saved me a huge amount of time.
I was after the 12 frame and it’s not really much bigger. It’s been put on castors, is easy to move and unlike others goes through a standard door.

Latest posts

Back