Lots of hives

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seymour

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Langstroth
Number of Hives
Going to my local friendly French beekee tomorrow evening. Will be meeting all my beekee students there to collect their new colonies. Good business for him, eleven full size hives with bees,plus my Langstroth nuc. The package is a 10 frame dadant hive, with QE,plastic mesh floor,one super, feeder, roof etc. plus bees. The hives are pine, anybody like to guess how much for the package each.? By the way, no crown board as they seem to keep an ashforth feeder on top all the time over here.

John

. Good business for him, eleven full size hives .....seem to keep an ashforth feeder on top all the time over here.

John

Yes, I believe that. i know that 11 hives is not a business but feeder all the time on the hive is a business. :)

OK, I'll have a stab at the cost - less than a hundred quid, or not much more.

Regards, RAB

150 euros ( about 135 quid ) plus another 15 euros for an extra super. Eleven hives picked up and the only person who got stung was the seller !!

i wonder if there is a law to stop you bringing them back to the uk

I'm not for one minute saying that these bee's have any disease or parasite but do you not think we have brought in enough undesirables by importing bees/queens etc. how do you think we got varroa?????

All the hives are now resident with other English people living here in France and doing well. I bought a plastic ventilated floor from him - 8 euros.

Latest posts

Back