Beekeeping Forum

Help Support Beekeeping Forum:

Terrysbees 

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
Hi we have country electric here and I don't type very fast also when reading post quite often our electric drops in voltage so I am told whitch mean I lose all post I have not read down to last couple new poste or lose what I have typed,is it possible to save post as in my email it seems to save it. this is the second time I have tried writing this, some people might think this is a good thing

oliver90owner 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
I often write in, or copy to, 'e-mail', and save regularly to file 'waiting to be sent'. If things go down, it is recoverable. I am on aol and my broadband does not seem that reliable so posts are easily lost - and after posting them onto the forum, too. I always exit the forum after posting and then give it another 'hit', 'cos if I don't, several posts could mysteriously disappear.

The alternative in your case is to use a laptop, I suppose.

Regards, RAB

Midland Beek 

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
none
If you are slow with your reply the system might time you out, so that when you click 'post' it gives you a log-in screen instead. If you log-in when this screen appears, your post will then post itself. Do not think that what you have typed has been lost, because it hasn't.

jimbeekeeper 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
I also have "country electric" but I have my pc running via a APC back-up ups (APC650).

I quite often hear if click over to battery for a few split seconds as maybe lights flicker as well, but ups unit reacts quicker so pc is not affected.

Can run for up to 10 mins via battery, just long enough really to save and power down safely.

Next major project for me is whole house ups, via my 6kw generator. Just waiting for a transfer switch to come up on ebay at right price.

Other than that, like others have said type in word or similar than copy paste into forum.

Latest posts