• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Looking for a new queen Coventry/Warwickshire area.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beardy Weirdy

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Four-ish.
Hi All,

On a hive inspection today I find that I have plenty of bees and no queen, no queen cells, no brood and what comb there is, is all nectar. So I'm looking for a new queen, has anyone in the West Midlands/Coventry/Warwickshire area a queen for sale?

Many thanks.

Put a super on so that they can move some honey and add a test frame and an empty drawn brood frame if you have one first
Then look to buy a queen if you have to.
I have to ask some history though. When did you last look in?

Thanks Dani,

This was a swarm I captured and put into a national hive. At the time it had a fantastic looking queen. A week later and she has disappeared. I've added a super and some comb from my top bar hive, the bees fly in and out of the hive, but they are not drawing out any comb and although they were initially building extra comb on the top bar comb that has also stopped. getting hold of some empty brood frame will be difficult as my top bar has only a few capped brood cells, all worker and the rest of the comb is nectar and capped honey, so I'm thinking that the top bar hive is in trouble also. I'm a newbie, I started off with a top bar hive last year, I now have two poly nucs and a national full of the three swarms I got from the top bar. I have been considering waiting until one of the poly nucs colonies has built enough comb and then transferring all the bees over to the queenless national. However, I'm concerned about integrating the two colonies. Any advice would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

Last edited:
I’ll move this to the beginners section for you
You’ll get more replies there.
Ah. I can’t for some reason
Can you repost it there

Latest posts

Back