• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Looking for a mated Q - not fussy!!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
It's just a final attempt at possibly saving my colony.

Long story, saw the queen on the front of the hive over 3 weeks ago, apparently back from a mating flight. Checked today to see progression and no queen, no eggs, no larvae, don't know what went wrong :(

Anyway, if there is someone local to me that has a spare/old/obsolete queen just lying around that they are going to dispatch or whatever, I would be very happy to give her a second lease of life within my hive. Not really looking to buy one to requeen as it was a late caught swarm and I'm clutching at straws in a final attempt to save them overwinter.

If you can help, a PM would be fantastic. Can collect within 30 mins of the Wigan area. Not fussy age/laying ability/strain...

Many thanks :)

Last edited:
I think to raise a queen and get her laying, it would be knocking on towards October... Too late me thinks!! The weather here in October is not usually so good. It hasn't been good as it is this year anyway.

Sorted now thank you.

I've emptied it now!

Tried again... It now says you have either chosen to not receive or cannot receive PM's!!
Never mind!!
I was just thanking you for telling me you still have queens available. I was only looking for an old or obsolete queen, and hopefully have one lined up for the end of next week.
Thanks again anyhow, Lee

Latest posts

Back