Quantcast

long range weather forcast

Beekeeping Forum

Help Support Beekeeping Forum:

MuswellMetro 

Queen Bee
Joined
Oct 1, 2009
Messages
6,527
Reaction score
27
Location
London N10
Hive Type
14x12
this is NOAA long range temperature forcast for europe

http://www.cpc.noaa.gov/products/people/wwang/cfs_fcst/images/euT2mMon.gif

i find it difficult to believe the Met office weather forcast for a warm winter, especailly when they keep saying things like barbeque summer...my bees did not think it was warm this summer

but this NOAA winter forcast predicts a long cold late spring of up to one degree below normal temperature...Met office say 80% chance of a warmer winter, and so far its been mild as they said

BUT i think i will start making my candy and patties now
 
Last edited:

East Yorks New Bee 

House Bee
Joined
Apr 14, 2009
Messages
270
Reaction score
0
Location
Bridlington, East Yorkshire
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
4
This long range forecast is for the north east of england. This data would cost you £70.00+ a year to subscribe to (and no I dont pay that) and they have a lot of subscribers, so data must be something like accurate (well as accurate as weather forecasting can be)
 

Hivemaker. 

Queen Bee
Joined
Nov 8, 2008
Messages
14,310
Reaction score
9
Location
Exmoor.
Hive Type
national
Good forcast for another nice cool and very wet summer.Perhaps that will turn out to be the barbecue one.
 

admin 

Queen Bee
Joined
Jul 28, 2008
Messages
6,392
Reaction score
3
Location
Hampshire uk
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
6
Thats interesting data,I wonder what models they use ?
 

oliver90owner 

Queen Bee
Joined
Jul 15, 2009
Messages
15,643
Reaction score
49
Location
Lincolnshire
Hive Type
14x12
Airfix

And probably made in China (might not fit together as you expected).

Simply the predictions to those number of significant figures is rediculous.

One nasty weatherfront crossing the country could make a mess of their precise figures, even if they were spot-on for the rest of the month - which I doubt very much.

I am sure that if they included all predictable errors the ranges given would be quite wide.

Anyone see any accurate long-range rainfall predictions for Cumbria, over this last month? Bet most are keeping quiet about theirs.

All right taking averages, but it is the variability which beats them -oh, and the unpredictability of English weather.

At school I learned that England had a very good climate but just had lousy weather.

Regards, RAB
 

jezd 

Drone Bee
Joined
May 12, 2009
Messages
1,541
Reaction score
2
Location
UK
Hive Type
other
Number of Hives
299.1
this is NOAA long range temperature forcast for europe

http://www.cpc.noaa.gov/products/people/wwang/cfs_fcst/images/euT2mMon.gif

i find it difficult to believe the Met office weather forcast for a warm winter, especailly when they keep saying things like barbeque summer...my bees did not think it was warm this summer

but this NOAA winter forcast predicts a long cold late spring of up to one degree below normal temperature...Met office say 80% chance of a warmer winter, and so far its been mild as they said

BUT i think i will start making my candy and patties now

http://theweatheroutlook.com/

have gone the same way , colder winter...
 

MuswellMetro 

Queen Bee
Joined
Oct 1, 2009
Messages
6,527
Reaction score
27
Location
London N10
Hive Type
14x12
Airfix



Anyone see any accurate long-range rainfall predictions for Cumbria, over this last month? Bet most are keeping quiet about theirs.



Regards, RAB

Well weather Watch run by Piers Corbyn was prediciting a solar magentic event that would cause a SWI to the UK (Severe Weather Impact) for Nov 17/19 in their 100 days forcast issue three month before the cumbrian rain

http://www.weatheraction.com/docs/WANews09No87.pdf

they predict another Solar magnetic event on the 8th/10th December and SWI r and snow for the global warming conferance in copenhagen

http://www.weatheraction.com/docs/WANews09No91.pdf
 

mark s 

Field Bee
Joined
Jun 9, 2009
Messages
753
Reaction score
0
Location
Isle Of Wight
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
16 + 3nuc's
when i want too know what the weather is going to be like,i just look out the window and act on it accordingly,seems to work ok
 

VEG 

Queen Bee
Joined
Nov 10, 2008
Messages
6,830
Reaction score
0
Location
Maesteg South Wales
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
15+-some
I use the age old method of using seaweed. What you do is get some seaweed hang it up outside. Then if the seaweed is wet its raining and if its not wet then its not raining. :smilielol5:
 

Somerford 

Drone Bee
Joined
Aug 24, 2009
Messages
1,672
Reaction score
113
Location
Wiltshire, Somerset, S Glos & S Oxfordshire
Hive Type
national
old methods

I use the age old method of using seaweed. What you do is get some seaweed hang it up outside. Then if the seaweed is wet its raining and if its not wet then its not raining. :smilielol5:

I also use the age old method of weather forecasting...

If the top of my head is cold - it's cold
If the top of my head is burning - it is a hot sunny day.
If there is water streaming down my face, the lack of hair means it's raining

Finally, if I can't see a thing - and it's cold/wet (see above) then it's :

a) Dark
b)Foggy
c) Recovering from too much alcohol

regards

S
 

MuswellMetro 

Queen Bee
Joined
Oct 1, 2009
Messages
6,527
Reaction score
27
Location
London N10
Hive Type
14x12
I also use the age old method of weather forecasting...

If the top of my head is cold - it's cold
If the top of my head is burning - it is a hot sunny day.
If there is water streaming down my face, the lack of hair means it's raining

Finally, if I can't see a thing - and it's cold/wet (see above) then it's :

a) Dark
b)Foggy
c) Recovering from too much alcohol

regards

S
and if you keep falling over:... it is either icey/snow or you are drunk
 

hedgerow pete 

Queen Bee
Joined
Jan 26, 2009
Messages
3,660
Reaction score
5
Location
UK, Birmingham, Sandwell. Pork scratching Bandit c
Hive Type
national
these weather sites do use massive computer to work out the best numbers and proberbilitys of the weather plans. We use them at work and as a whole they are generaly pretty good give or take a couple of weeks "we roughly know we can pour concrete till say november but after that we are pushing our luck". The one we use on site at the moment is forcasting a cold winter from late december till early feb and after that they are telling use a 45% chance of a cold march but if its cold we will be dry and a the other 55% is a wet march but average temps
 

starflex 

House Bee
Joined
Aug 5, 2009
Messages
179
Reaction score
0
Location
Andover. Hampshire
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
4 Nats and 3 14x12 1 x nuc
The Met Office are usually right half the time, which is what you should expect as it is either:

a. Hot or cold
b. Windy or calm
c. Wet or dry
d. Warm front or cold front
etc
etc
 

Latest posts

Top