Location of Members

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the beehive lodge

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
As you can see on my profile my location is UK thats all well and good but if you as members want some advise the area you live in is very important
to who and how we can help.
Down south (Cornwall) is a lot differant than (Manchester) weather wise things that my work in Manchester my not be the best for (Scotland) please put your local area aswell
I'm not saying put your Address or postcode just a general area
sorry for rambling on, but i have not replied to post cos i think my advise (which is very limited) may not be of any use, as you may be to far away.
:beatdeadhorse5::banghead:
Regards Alan

What you do with bees is not so locally meaningfull as many say.
many say that UK is not Finland but I am not offering Finnish knowledge. It is from USA, Italy, Germany, Denmark Australia. Very few countries has beekeeping researching.

Beekeeping books have universal information. You take from there what you undestand and what you keep usefull. So acts an adult person.

I think that the succes with bees is 1/3 skills, 1/3 luck and 1/3 weather.

Swarning is very serious thing in beekeeping. We have 1 month swarming season and in south it is several months. It keeps busy.

One guy in Beemaster's forum doubts about insulation. He lives in Tennesee and just now he has there 20-22C day temp. I have here -10C. It is a little difference with "winter" and with insulation and how to understand those things. Very few undestand insulation at all even here.

USA folks nurse bees with same principles from Floeida to Alaska. So many kill the hives in Alaska before winter because they cannot keep them alive. So they buy package bees in spring and small nucs are not able to build up for good foraging.

Last edited:
What you do with bees is not so locally meaningfull as many say.

Beekeeping books have universal information. You take there what you undestand and what you keep usefull. So acts an adult person..

That's the key: being able to 'read between the lines' and apply a little intelligence when reading answers/information.

Best,
Roland

That's the key: being able to 'read between the lines' and apply a little intelligence when reading answers/information.

Best,
Roland

And experience....But use your own brains. That is main point. Advices give only alternatives what you may do.

Like Muhammed said: "Trust in God, but tie your camel first".

Back