Local Association Show Judges. Your experiences?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You think honey shows are bad ? .. Try your hand at local fruit and veg/allotment society shows ... from either side of the table !

Personally ... I think you have to treat local shows and competitions as a bit of fun ... if you win, you win .. if you lose - well, nobody dies. I do accept that, at National Level, there is a degree of kudos from your entry being awarded honours and I would imagine for the people who are serious about selling lots of honey it must be a bonus.

At local level .. there isn't a beekeeper that I know that could not sell every jar of honey they produce twice over most years .. I've never known anyone buying it to ask if its won any prizes !

You think honey shows are bad ? .. Try your hand at local fruit and veg/allotment society shows ... from either side of the table !

Personally ... I think you have to treat local shows and competitions as a bit of fun ... if you win, you win .. if you lose - well, nobody dies. I do accept that, at National Level, there is a degree of kudos from your entry being awarded honours and I would imagine for the people who are serious about selling lots of honey it must be a bonus.

At local level .. there isn't a beekeeper that I know that could not sell every jar of honey they produce twice over most years .. I've never known anyone buying it to ask if its won any prizes !

Precisely, the idea of shows is a good one, unfortunately ruined by the human factor.

Latest posts

Back