Listen with Martha

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
discover some of the hybrids available today bear little or no resemblance to the bees that BA "created".

Should hope not...they would be the longest living bees in history...creaking around to flowers on their crutches.

I suppose that includes trolling and harrassing female members promising you'll 'find them' as you do on other social media like facebook?
Anyway, enough of this, a specimen like you is not worth wasting time on.....back on ignore (you almost lasted 24 hours this time!)

What planet do you live on? Best you back up this acvusation sharpish !

I suppose that includes trolling and harrassing female members promising you'll 'find them' as you do on other social media like facebook?
Anyway, enough of this, a specimen like you is not worth wasting time on.....back on ignore (you almost lasted 24 hours this time!)

My word, Ole Jenky you are back on form ....One was concerned for a time, but having your apoplectic, very predictable little self here again is so very amusing, sorry I meant very reassuring. Tell you what, send me your photo and as a reward we shall have your picture painted on the shell of a lambeg drum. These are the loudest instruments in the world and are two feet wide, so should be perfect for you. ;)

Ah, another serial troll, amazed to find your snail trail and the usual ad hominems on a thread which mentions AMM (not) it's possibly be the only thing that fills your empty little life. Maybe it's time you joined the other invertebrates on the ignore list.
Can't see me missing much of import if I do

Ah, another serial troll, amazed to find your snail trail and the usual ad hominems on a thread which mentions AMM (not) it's possibly be the only thing that fills your empty little life. Maybe it's time you joined the other invertebrates on the ignore list.
Can't see me missing much of import if I do

You disappoint me Jenky, is the above really the best you can do, it is frightfully feeble. You should take up beekeeping ... bound to be good for your blood pressure. Have a nice evening and what about that photo, don't you want to be on the front of a drum?

And as the beekeeping 2018 season slowly ends; the new winter trolling season begins.:lurk5:

Last edited:
If I was a monk stuck in Devon I'd think of ways to get out and about around the world too and what better pursuit for a bee man than investigating bees around the globe?
He irrefutably miss represented (probably quite deliberately to suit his agenda as JBM says) the continuing existence of amm around the country, I simply wont believe a man of his intelligence really thought they'd been wiped out by IOW as he maintained.

And as the beekeeping 2018 season slowly ends; the new winter trolling season begins.:lurk5:

Jenkins has abused and insulted most members here, many are too frightened to post and others have left because of his attitude. However, like all bullies he is a coward and when he is subjected to deserved ridicule he cannot handle it....the silly old fool. I shall leave him in peace now, mind you having him on a drum shell and being heard over a mile away seems like something he would want.:rolleyes:

I shall leave him in peace now, mind you having him on a drum shell and being heard over a mile away seems like something he would want.:rolleyes:

Perhaps Admin will allow a little latitude for when the "no beekeeping to-do-today" shack nasties kick in.

:lurk5:

If I was a monk stuck in Devon I'd think of ways to get out and about around the world too and what better pursuit for a bee man than investigating bees around the globe?
He irrefutably miss represented (probably quite deliberately to suit his agenda as JBM says) the continuing existence of amm around the country, I simply wont believe a man of his intelligence really thought they'd been wiped out by IOW as he maintained.

If a life of globe trotting was what you sort its highly unlikely youd have chosen to become a monk , dont you think ?
I dont see how the presence of Amm in Britain today proves they werent wiped out during iow. Masses of blacks were imported as well as the exotics in the aftermath, im not saying they were ALL wiped out, that would be unusual for an entire population to succomb to any one condition. But why would he seek out isolated pockets of unselected Amm when Amm that may well have been thought to be superior before iow were available elsewhere.
I find the idea that a young monk came to any such conclusions as a part of some grand agenda a bit of a stretch.

Maybe I'm tarring him with the same brush as the pro import/anti native lobby on this forum but there's no doubt there were conflicting camps of beekeepers in his time too.

Maybe I'm tarring him with the same brush as the pro import/anti native lobby on this forum but there's no doubt there were conflicting camps of beekeepers in his time too.

Huber wrote about his observations on bees in the late 1780's. Mostly correct and a recommended read for anyone.
However someone who disagreed with his opinions (they were contrary to current dogma) wrote a book disclaiming all that Huber had published.
Conflicting camps...yes... but they originated a few hundred years ago.
Nothing has changed...read Manley for even more conflicting views.

Jenkins has abused and insulted most members here, many are too frightened to post and others have left because of his attitude. However, like all bullies he is a coward and when he is subjected to deserved ridicule he cannot handle it....the silly old fool. I shall leave him in peace now, mind you having him on a drum shell and being heard over a mile away seems like something he would want.:rolleyes:

And you turn up like a bad smell at the mere mention of Amm. Do you really think anyone takes you seriously? Honestly?

I cant help but feel youve applied too much tar already to some of that lobby and missed others out entirely. I ve no idea of the numbers for the UK but im reliably informed that far more Amm queens than others are imported into Ireland and operators like Murray with sizeable queen rearing setups would be the ones that stood to profit from a sudden ztoppage of imports. What constitutes motive is not so black and white.

Huber wrote about his observations on bees in the late 1780's. Mostly correct and a recommended read for anyone.
However someone who disagreed with his opinions (they were contrary to current dogma) wrote a book disclaiming all that Huber had published.
Conflicting camps...yes... but they originated a few hundred years ago.
Nothing has changed...read Manley for even more conflicting views.

Manley did love to have a go at his peers.

If a life of globe trotting was what you sort its highly unlikely youd have chosen to become a monk , dont you think ?
I dont see how the presence of Amm in Britain today proves they werent wiped out during iow. Masses of blacks were imported as well as the exotics in the aftermath, im not saying they were ALL wiped out, that would be unusual for an entire population to succomb to any one condition. But why would he seek out isolated pockets of unselected Amm when Amm that may well have been thought to be superior before iow were available elsewhere.
I find the idea that a young monk came to any such conclusions as a part of some grand agenda a bit of a stretch.

The whole iow thing was largely blown out of proportion in the media. Look at what the likes of bailey has written on the subject and if we take it that iow was actually paralysis, the buckfast bee of today certainly isn't immune to it, whether ba's strain was is another thing but it is doubtful.

Latest posts

Back