Liquid Smoke.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
3 National Hives & 1 Observation Hive.(Indoors) & lots of empty boxes..
Anybody ever used the liquid smoke?

Got this with my Beehaus but not tried it - went for a traditional smoker as I thought that it might taint the hive/frames or stick around too long and disturb the bees. I have read that others swear by it and some just use plain water in a spray.

Sorry not much help.

Sorry not much help.

Every little bit helps when you know nothing.

I have heard somewhere that is good for stopping robbing.

Wonder if it might work against wasps....

My ex-'mentor' bought a bottle to try and only used it once - said it upset his bees - but I don't know how long ago that was so could be the recipe changed...Omlet should have trialed stuff like that before issuing it so should be safe shouldn't it???

Really don't know about this one, as above my original mentor from about 12 years ago said he tried it but would never touch it again. I've never really had any desire to try it since then and I've always been happy with my wood smoker.
Frith

Omlet should have trialed stuff like that before issuing it

That made me laugh. Reminds me of a post on here that said the beehaus had been extensively tested for over two years by many exprienced beeks! As far as I could ascertain, they were a tiny bunch of two (relative novices?), along with the consultant (Robin), for one season.

With regards to liquid smoke: this is available from 'well known' suppliers and has been for some time. So, well tried and tested by someone else. Whether good, bad, ugly, or indifferent, results might be another matter. The manufacturer will say it is better than a smoker, wouldn't they!

Regards, RAB

I wouldn't use liquid smoke principally beacause you have to pay for it. Smoker material is free.
Not that I am in any way tight or anything...
Cazza

I use liquid smoke, and works perfectly well, cautious about starting fires with a proper smoker as in a country park with very dry grass.

I use liquid smoke, and works perfectly well, cautious about starting fires with a proper smoker as in a country park with very dry grass.

theres much better ways to start a fire.

First you need ........ oh...

Ha ha, Dishmop! :biggrinjester:

I use liquid smoke, and use a smoker - dont think our neighbours would manage another fire in our garden!

Liquid smoke is fine - works just as well as a smoker, but I must say, I dont have a preference of either, just different circumstances call for different ways...

Latest posts

Back