Links for Queen suppliers

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VEG

Queen Bee
Beekeeping Sponsor
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
15+-some
As in the title. Can you post links here for queen suppliers. I have googled but its come up with some weird stuff lol.

As in the title. Can you post links here for queen suppliers. I have googled but its come up with some weird stuff lol.

That has made me chuckle,thats like the time my daughter was 7 and wanted to look up mobile phones and typed "Virgin" in Google without having a net nanny installed.

I was thinking of making up a directory of suppliers that has everything from Queen suppliers to beekeeping equipment.

I cant see that ad lasting long on fleebay,The "Livestock" brigade will soon report it.

If anyone is interested they should bookmark the user before the ad is pulled.

They are for sale on the other forum. Too expensive I think for a virgin queen.

They are for sale on the other forum. Too expensive I think for a virgin queen.

I thought that the going rate was about 1/2 that. Too many variables and risks for that much money.

Anyone got any links? I have tried the usual main shops

That ad has got to be the guy on the other forum. Same location, I think, same price, same number available. could be expensive bird food. If I had managed to raise queens for sale I would have invested in some mini nukes, cause they are relatively cheap and don't use many bees.

That ad has got to be the guy on the other forum. Same location, I think, same price, same number available. could be expensive bird food. If I had managed to raise queens for sale I would have invested in some mini nukes, cause they are relatively cheap and don't use many bees.

It does seem a funny way of selling Queens,a bit like advertising hives for sale but without floors or roofs.

It's a fast buck manoeuvre. Crikey at ~£20 a go I'd best forget about honey for the hotel and get grafting.

Bernard used to sell Cells at £1 and virgins at £3 and mated at £12-50. says it all really. And look at the size of the cells he is so proud of. Hmm.....

PH

hi we import queens for replacing into our breeder boxes after the nuc has been sold.
Please dont order anymore queen from me just yet!! the 300 MAY inports are all spoken for! "All booked for Scotland"
the next 300 lot will be in June and ready to sell.
if you cant wait the working hives are ready to pick up now at £185.
all the best mike

I was thinking of making up a directory of suppliers that has everything from Queen suppliers to beekeeping equipment.

I think that would be very usefull both from the Queen point of view and the equipment suppliers as most new beekeepers have only heard of thornes.

Norton has just put an add for queens futher down on this forum in the Nucs for sale/wanted section. I'll slip off in a minute and get the link :)

http://www.beekeepingforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1166

I got a queen from Thornes last year - called a "British Hybrid" whatever they mean by that. I'll report back later in the year with an opinion. They are expensive and have gone up again.

Easybee (Mikethebee) have more queens available from 21st May.

Frisbee

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back