Beekeeping Forum

Help Support Beekeeping Forum:

admin 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
I have just had an email from a member asking why we dont allow links to the BBKA forum?

For the first 6months plus we did,I then got a search engine ranking guy to take a look at the forum,

He said we were "Leaking PR" (page rank with outgoing links)he said the worst 2 offenders were the BBKA forum and a commercial bee site.

On his recommendations I changed things so that members could no longer "Hot link" to those two websites.

I realise there was a price to pay as we lost the ability to crosslink when needing to but having said that since making the changes we have shot up in the rankings and have now become the biggest Beekeeping Forum in the uk.

I hope that explains things a little better,nothing sinister or silly was intended,It was just a way to increase membership.

Mark
Admin.

Hombre 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Ten
Hello Pete,
Not exactly sure what you meant, not by a country mile, but Neither BabelFish nor Google Translate could turn it into meaningful prose for me. :puke:

Do you want to have another go at getting your message across. I think that there must have been some electrical interference around that corrupted your last message.

It arrived as utter gibberish :toetap05 and Christmas hasn't got properly started yet.:
Sounds like you are missing the bees on these cold nights.

Finman is having difficulty understanding you.

Hombre 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Ten
That must have been it Pete. This computerised Translation has improved over the years, but still has a long way to go! :)
I heard on the radio that before very much longer, Mr Brown will require people on job seekers allowance to apply on line. All to do with streamlining government. I think that he may have overlooked the requirement for Internet connection and a computer system as prerequisites , as well as an ability to use the technology.

Can you imagine for one minute that 50p a week on our Internet connections is going to make all this work?

So you might have a point. Don't forget to pass round the scratchings, I hope it's a big bag, because there are a few people on line at the moment and you know that scratchings are moreish. Good idea to link into a bag of scratchings :)

Hombre 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Ten
I thought that might be the case. I have a mate in West Brom' that scoffs tonnes of them.

I think my dentist would like me to indulge in the hope of getting the additional business from broken teeth.

I love them, but have to be canny these days. The enamel work isn't all as strong as it once was. :)

Latest posts