LimeWatch UK

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No rain here for about two months. Concerned that we have a repeat of last year with lime in flower but no moisture so very little nectar. Five years ago conditions were perfect so my bees loaded every crevice with nectar while I was on holiday in Naples. Still my best ever year - not since!
Limes are very deep rooted….I’d settle for the hot weather any day, very high temps can burn the flowers up fast but large trees will be tapping deeper sources of water.
I’ve found whilst plants like bramble and clover will suffer in drought periods trees like Sweet Chestnut really benefit from the heat.

Lime very much open and in flower - Queen Square - London WC1N. One or two bees visiting at 8am

Saw lots of lime flowering on my trip around my apiaries in Sussex yesterday but hardly a bee anywhere to be seen on them🙁

Our limes are so noisy now. Each tree sounds like a swarm. They are covered in bumblebees and yes...... Honey bees. Wish I knew if they were mine.

Our avenue of limes just starting to open. Amazing aroma. Just hoping the flowers will provide plenty of nectar this year.

Latest posts

Back