Lime

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karsal

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
3 Pay*es Poly Hives 7 Poly Nucs
My bees began bringing in light green pollen yesterday which I presume is from the lime trees as the temperature here in Lancashire reached 18 degrees or there abouts. 20 degrees today and more lime pollen coming in.
Does this also indicate that the bees will also be bringing in nectar from the lime trees or does the temperature need to be higher into the mid 20's for them to produce nectar?
I didn't see any pollen of this colour last year at all as the weather was not to good.

More than anything they need a good soaking before hot humid temperatures. Where I am they are being ignored this year....pity...... it is the most exquisite honey. I still have a 2oz jar left for my 500 lb year, once in seven so don't hold your breath. The honey is still runny and oh so clear with a slight green tinge. Nothing quite like it
E

Thanks for the reply. Finger crossed. They did have a good few days of rain a couple of weeks ago and last week too.

We have lots of lime trees near us. The bees have been going flat out - I assume they are on them. Lovely smell from the hives and I must start extracting with supers filling rapidly.

Last year was a washout - as above.

Last edited:
If the lime is in flowe madasafish then add a brand new super for pure lime honey. Sells at an absolute premium
E

Latest posts

Back