Lidl hot tub !!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Miriads
:auto::auto:
Joined the queue with the dear old pensioners at 9.00am this morning and due to my ability to move at a speed faster than the incumberance that a walking frame will allow managed to get a hot tub!

My neighbour said that there were none left by 10.30 !

This was at Plymstock, hidden away in the darkest of retirement ares of Plymouth......................................................................................

Thanks for the tip off folks!!

I am not ageist at all my mother is approaching 90bee-smilliebee-smilliebee-smilliebee-smilliebee-smillie

I think the thermostat is min 30 degrees C, so for immediate consumption (cats!!), perhaps, but for anything taking some hours, I would think... no!

At 1.8kW, the 'local' heating at the base may be considerable, but again, not sure.

Regards, RAB

defrost setting

was thinking about live ones - our feral tree chickens actually had a thick hoar frost on them the other morning!

They may be hopping around 'like a cat on a hot tin roof' before the rest of the frost melts!

Putting them in overnight might be better! - no, not incuding the cat with the others!

Regards, RAB

as i said they are feral tree birds - not our main enclosed stock.

oh and FYI our indoors ducks, chickens, chicks and turkeys (when necessary) all get along fine with the cats (28) and vice versa.

have even had cats sitting on newly laid eggs on the settee!!!! division of labour i presume.

We once had a cat that ate chicken eggs. About 50 years ago, but I remember Mum swearing about the cat - apparently rolled the eggs around until they cracked and then lapped at them.

Regards, RAB

Latest posts

Back