Lidl ...Honey warmer / wax melter thingy

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
8 must stop now.....
Not sure if it's a national thing. But these were reduced to £30 in my Lidl this morning. Boxes have had a bit of a kicking but they are fine inside.

Not even got as far as getting my bees yet, but nothing like being prepared. 🤣

Attachments

• IMG_20210419_102426_6.jpg
    IMG_20210419_102426_6.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 195
Must be a previous offer end clear out ... they have not been available in Lidl since last year ... none in my local Lidl ...

Sorry should have added they were in madeley Telford this morning.
You are probably correct, boxes did look like they'd been sat about for a bit.

There were six left after I'd been.

Could be refurbished returns - I have had to take two back over the last six months after they packed up.
Still great pieces of kit.

Lol I’ve got 1 and it sits beside my koshstar at 10 times the price but does the same job🤬

I just wish I had room to put all these lovely "thingies" 😀
My heated box made from PIR slides under my workbench and melts 3 buckets at a time so will have to do for the moment.

Not sure if it's a national thing. But these were reduced to £30 in my Lidl this morning. Boxes have had a bit of a kicking but they are fine inside.

Not even got as far as getting my bees yet, but nothing like being prepared. 🤣
If you happen to go back and there are any left would you be happy to buy another and post if I transfer you the money and cover postage?

Know the feeling. OK I don't mind owning up, I waited years for these warmers to appear again until I gave in and forked out eighty quid. Within a few months, Lidl warmers on offer :rolleyes:

Please excuse my ignorance but what exactly are these things useful for? Is it to take the place of a bain marie to melt wax or is there some other use? I imagine I'm really asking how you would process the wax using one? I was thinking of an old slow cooker but if this better I may get one as they're on sale locally for £39.99. Thanks as always for advice.

Please excuse my ignorance but what exactly are these things useful for? Is it to take the place of a bain marie to melt wax or is there some other use? I imagine I'm really asking how you would process the wax using one? I was thinking of an old slow cooker but if this better I may get one as they're on sale locally for £39.99. Thanks as always for advice.
They take a 30lb bucket of honey or 15 jars to melt the honey once it’s crystallised

They take a 30lb bucket of honey or 15 jars to melt the honey once it’s crystallised
30lbs! Didn't look that large when I saw it in the box. Simply place the bucket inside it then and set the timer? Maybe a good thing to have then for the money as a similar device on thornes is crazy money. Thank you Erichalfbee.

add water first and sit the bucket on the trivet
Yep and top up
And don’t forget to wiggle the bucket about a bit to get rid of the air pocket which sets off the overheating alarm.
The timer has an infinity setting so you can leave it over night.
Melts a bucket quite easily.

Yes, it's like the Tardis! I have only 2 hives and also use a slow cooker from a car boot to melt my wax. Again, add a good inch of water to the base, stretch a fine mesh/paint strainer over the bowl and add the broken up comb. If I am melting brood comb, I usually put a sheet of strong kitchen towel under the comb; I can then carefully take out the remaining waste, squeeze carefully and chuck out, instead of having to fish out of the melted wax. You will lose a little wax, so don't do for just a small amount of comb.

Latest posts

Back