library of pollen photos

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimy Dee

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Commercial
Number of Hives
Who is in favour of this ? (the powers that bee take note)

Getting nectar from Oil seed rape
Working a daffodil
Bee on viburnum
Bee on gooseberry
Bee on gooseberry

I have a library of microscopy pollen slides I can put up if anyone is interested.

Getting nectar from Oil seed rape
Working a daffodil
Bee on viburnum
Bee on gooseberry
Bee on gooseberry

They're very good photos, Snoot, but to be useful in identifying pollen, I think we need to see the bee with pollen sacs bulging so that we see coloured pollen packages with the bee on the blossom - not easy to do. Here's my pathetic effort of one of Cornwall's finest on a cherry blossom but the pollen sac is not very large.
CVB

They're very good photos, Snoot, but to be useful in identifying pollen, I think we need to see the bee with pollen sacs bulging so that we see coloured pollen packages with the bee on the blossom - not easy to do. Here's my pathetic effort of one of Cornwall's finest on a cherry blossom but the pollen sac is not very large.
CVB
Feel free to have admin delete them I put them up as photos on another thread & was asked to put them in here. They were in bees out & about today thread. I was requested to put them in this one , work away

Latest posts

Back