Lecithin again

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Adding to the discussion on lecithin as an emulsifier for thymol syrup.
As previously noted, lecithin is sold in larger amounts than most beekeepers would use in a number of years. Quite by accident, leaving the packet a bit open to the air, despite keeping the silica gel dessicant in the packet, my lecithin became a claggy lump.
I dissolved the lump in a small amount of boiling water which eventually turned it into a creamed honey-like texture. This l then froze in ice cube sections as a convenient way of storing it for years if necessary.

Adding to the discussion on lecithin as an emulsifier for thymol syrup.
As previously noted, lecithin is sold in larger amounts than most beekeepers would use in a number of years. Quite by accident, leaving the packet a bit open to the air, despite keeping the silica gel dessicant in the packet, my lecithin became a claggy lump.
I dissolved the lump in a small amount of boiling water which eventually turned it into a creamed honey-like texture. This l then froze in ice cube sections as a convenient way of storing it for years if necessary.
That happened to my first batch. I never thought of doing anything with it so threw it away 😥. The next lot got put into small bags in the freezer.

Eat is a natural supplement, two or three level teaspoons a day is supposedly good for lowering cholesterol. Add it to drinks or cereal.

Latest posts

Back