leaky clearer board

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
5 hives
so I made a clearer board myself but am a bit hamfisted.

I cut the rhombus board in two and glued it in the corners.

Put it on but still had quite a few bees in the super above it ... so wondered how 'bee tight' things have to be cos this one leaks !!

will get a picture later of it

so I made a clearer board myself but am a bit hamfisted.

I cut the rhombus board in two and glued it in the corners.

Put it on but still had quite a few bees in the super above it ... so wondered how 'bee tight' things have to be cos this one leaks !!

will get a picture later of it

i did that, matched cut end of rhombus to one wall exactly .. and used an eke beneath. Very fast clearing 24 hours or less and minimal back leakage if left in place for a week

SO good I made two more..
Gaffer tape to the rescue for you I think...

i did that, matched cut end of rhombus to one wall exactly .. and used an eke beneath. Very fast clearing 24 hours or less and minimal back leakage if left in place for a week

SO good I made two more..
Gaffer tape to the rescue for you I think...

I only left it in place for 30hrs or so

Will try some tape like you say and a bit longer

I put two full size rohmbus side by side over each of the holes intended for porter escapes. Clears a super in three hours.
E

I've found the time it takes to clear depends on the number of bees in the super. For me that is overnight as a minimum. Also found bees clear slower in hot weather for obvious reasons.
Usually still few left even after a 24hours.
Very important that there is space below for the bees to clear into...I usually put on 2 empty supers if clearing 3 or 4 supers above.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back