LBKA Auction today

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jezd

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Other
Number of Hives
Anyone else visit the Lincoln BKA Spring auction today?

Regulars said it was an average attendance about the same as last year - seemed busy to me.

Coloney prices are down dramatically on last year, bees going for £90 to £220 for the largest (that being 9 frames of bees/5 brood - how he did this for 3rd April I dont know).

Average prices was about £150 with floor, BB and roof.

Apparently last years prices went from from £200+ to high £300's.

Lots of bargains for those in need of kit.

Jez

Apparently last years prices went from from £200+ to high £300's.

I think you were a tad mis-informed, last year's prices ranged from £160 to £250, so this year's prices were just a little lower than last year. A surprise really, I expected them to be a little higher if anything given the number of people – beginners especially – looking for bees.

Otherwise a very good day, if a little chilly.

Must be in that case, I suspect the bubble has burst and prices will dip even more over 2010/11.

Ooooooooo......I do hope so! :drool5:

I meant to ask for the DJ to request if any memeber were onsite, nay mind.

anyone going to the Notts BKA Auction next weekend?

Last edited:
I went for a quick look but could not stay, does anybody know how much the hives from woodside joinery were sold for.
There was more people, equipment and colonies of bees than the last time i was there 3 years ago

ATB rob

they the shiney new hives at the back?

if so I left just before that point, its a long day!!

anyone going to the Notts BKA Auction next weekend?

I have it in my diary.......but then again I had the Lincs one in too :)

I went to it a couple of years ago, it was a bit of a non event, with some manky old equipment and not a lot else, I don't think there were any bees but could be mistaken (it's a long time ago and my memory isn't what it was) I do remember there was quite a bit of drawn/bred in foundation, which wouldn't be allowed now and a couple of WBC hives. I went with Beewolf, he took his trailer which is a sure fire way of finding absolutely nothing that you want. You need to go on a bike to find the best bargains :smilielol5:

Frisbee

lol, i like :) no plans for going I dont think.

I went for a quick look but could not stay, does anybody know how much the hives from woodside joinery were sold for.
There was more people, equipment and colonies of bees than the last time i was there 3 years ago

ATB rob

Did'nt sell a single hive. Started at 200 notes and not even a bid.

Did'nt sell a single hive. Started at 200 notes and not even a bid.

you had your lots at the wrong end of the day for selling as most ppl had gone or had spent up by then, also many ppl will be waiting for the sale items at the upcoming convention for deals on new kit. Plus £200? seems high as a starting price at the auction. Just my observations.

Did look nice kit mind - was it made by yourself? or just assembled?

JD

Wern't mine. I make em up flatpack style. They were nice hives tho but frankly its a "lets buy some firewood" kinda crowd than 200 quids worth of new hives.

Back