Laying workers

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Read the last issue of BeeCraft it explains very clearly how to deal with it. In effect you need a frame of brood placed in there every 4 - 5 days until such time as the bees start to make a queen cell, at that point you can either re-queen or use the queen cell, could take 2 - 3 weeks to achieve, they explain the science behind it very clearly.

Why don't you put there a laying queen to the queenless colony? You loose one brood cycle when you put the colony make its own queen.

And workers life cycle is short. You loose most of original bees when waiting 3 weeks.

Why don't you put there a laying queen to the queenless colony? You loose one brood cycle when you put the colony make its own queen.

And workers life cycle is short. You loose most of original bees when waiting 3 weeks.
Be aware if you put a laying queen into a worker laying colony they will kill the queen or are likely to.

Be aware if you put a laying queen into a worker laying colony they will kill the queen or are likely to.

Of course you must make sure, that killing does not happen. I have made many straingth introduction into the laying worker hive, and they have accepted the queen. I have offered something miserable queens, that I do not loose anything, if accident happens.

Somehow a queenless colony must keep off robbers, and they kill other bees.

I have seen, that there is no such Worker Queen in the hive, which quards her position.

Latest posts

Back