Laying space for new queen

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gwt_uk

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Hello all,

At the weekend I carried out swarm prevention on a colony, leaving a queen cell for them to make a new queen. Hopefully she will mate successfully and start laying in due course. In the meantime, once all the remaining brood has emerged is it likely that the bees will back fill the space with stores ( the colony also has two supers as well)?

Hello all,

At the weekend I carried out swarm prevention on a colony, leaving a queen cell for them to make a new queen. Hopefully she will mate successfully and start laying in due course. In the meantime, once all the remaining brood has emerged is it likely that the bees will back fill the space with stores ( the colony also has two supers as well)?

You see it after 3 weeks when the new queen starts to lay.

Hello all,

Yes if there’s a flow but they will clear it in time for the new queen to lay.

Latest posts

Back