Late Swarm

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karsal

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
3 Pay*es Poly Hives 7 Poly Nucs
Just been up to my apiary to tidy up and do my inspections only to find one large swarm of bees leave my apiary and fly off into the distance.
No chance of following them accross the wooded valley.

Just been up to my apiary to tidy up and do my inspections only to find one large swarm of bees leave my apiary and fly off into the distance.
No chance of following them accross the wooded valley.

Now who said bees do nothing invariably??

They could have settled 20 foot up an oak tree... as happened to me this year... Farm had an old cherry ladder which I climbed to retrieve them... looking back a bit of a foolish thing to do, with a dodgy tin leg and nobody around to help!!

Yeghes da

Just collected (and given away) 2 prime swarms this last week. Come on bees, time to settle for the year!!!

Just collected (and given away) 2 prime swarms this last week. Come on bees, time to settle for the year!!!

Good girl... Master Beekeepers sell them on in these parts!

I put them in a safe place well away from my stock until I can check them out for disease!

Yeghes da

I've had the same happen today. They've settled 15 feet up in a pear tree. I'm not sure which of the three hives in that apiary they're from, but can only hope that it's from the least productive one.

Latest posts

Back