larsen trap bait.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Move the trap to the other end of the field over the hedge or any territory boundry you have spotted the birds fighting around. I move mine the minute I have caught the resident pair, untill I have been right round the estate with the traps, then start again.

yea i moved it yesterday 150yards till the next field and had one a short time after it,going up now till check on it. where it is now there is a small bog where they roost at night,could be up on 50 magpies in it at night,theres a house right beside it so i can really shoot it,the trap will hardly catch them all will it?
Darren

Watched a Magpie raiding a Song Thrush's nest this morning.... had been trying to figure out where the nest was out of interest as they are a resident pair, but the Magpie beat me to it.... I reckon that the chicks had just hatched within the last four or five days.

magpie number 13 this morning,the trap has only been moved 200yards at the most each time,all within three small fields.
have only had one double catch so far though.
Darren

larsen trap

PLKEASE BE SENSITIVE TO NEIGHBOURS WHEN SITING THE TRAPS,MY NEIGHBOUR PLACED ONE JUST OUTSIDE MY BOUNDARY FENCE,WHEN LOOKING OUT AT BIRDS FEEDIONG AT MY FEEDING STATIONS ALL I NOW SEE IS THE FLAPPING MAGPIE IN THE CAGE:thanks:

there's a house over the next field from the trap but they cant see whats going on, not that it would bother them anyway. i had bird number 14 in the trap this evening but it got away when i was trying to lift it out.
fair play to it.
Darren

PLKEASE BE SENSITIVE TO NEIGHBOURS WHEN SITING THE TRAPS,MY NEIGHBOUR PLACED ONE JUST OUTSIDE MY BOUNDARY FENCE,WHEN LOOKING OUT AT BIRDS FEEDIONG AT MY FEEDING STATIONS ALL I NOW SEE IS THE FLAPPING MAGPIE IN THE CAGE:thanks:

At least there will be less of a chance of their nests being raided :)

Bird number 25 yesterday evening and still to check today, all in an area of no more than 4 acres. when the birds get smart white bread on and around the trap and some inside works brilliant.
Darren

Latest posts

Back