• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Langstroth/National Nuc's for sale.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BKF Admin

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
I have a couple of Langstroth and National 5 frame Nucs for sale on 2009 Thorne frames.

They are headed by 2009 Home bred Queens.

I am in the Winchester area of Hampshire.
Price is £100 collected,bring your own box or £30 deposit with a Thornes travel box.

Please pm me or reply in the thread if interested.

I have a couple of Langstroth and National 5 frame Nucs for sale on 2009 Thorne frames.

They are headed by 2009 Home bred Queens.

I am in the Winchester area of Hampshire.
Price is £100 collected,bring your own box or £30 deposit with a Thornes travel box.

Please pm me or reply in the thread if interested.

I bought one of these from Mark today and I was well impressed with them.

I managed to transfer them to the hive without smoke or stings..............they are like baby pussy cats :)

Withing 5 mins of the frames being in the hive, they looked like they had always been there :)

I think I may even get some honey from them this year :)

Yours Roy

All National Nucs sold and collected.
I still have one Langstroth Nuc for sale.

Just checking to see whether you still have the Langstroth Nuc for sale and if so what price ????

Thanks.

Hi mkenny69,
Yes I have one Langstroth Nuc @ £100 bring your own box.
All on this years frames,nice hard working bee's, queen hatched 6th May 2009.

Thanks for letting me know currently away for two weeks so will contact you when I get back. Mk.

I also have 2 National 5 frame Nucs available,details as above in the opening post.

Hi Admin,
do you have any of those nucs left?

Hi Admin,
I know it's a bit late but, do you have any of those nucs left?

Mike

I do have a National Nuc that was being picked up this week but the member who ordered it has not replied to my PM although he has logged in, so I think it is up for grabs.

Shoot me a PM if you would like it.

It's a bit late, but many thanks to Mark for his last nuc of the season.

When my wife & I housed them we were in full PPE with the smoker going like a steam train (first time beeks!)
Within a week we're down to no PPE at all. Mark's bees are totally non-aggressive even with two total newbies handling them.
They are also bringing in pollen like anything, all different colours so they must be working a large area?

Thanks again Mark, we're both over the moon with them.

I´m glad that they are settling in well and good luck as you take them into winter. I would be inclined, desite their calmness, to wear at the least an occasional veil against the inevitable accident that might occur as the colony grows stronger. A sting in the face is always an outside possibility, even though neither you or your good wife resemble grizzly bears.

Enjoy.

Resemble grizzly bears? Nah, Ewoks are tougher!

Seriously though, thanks for the tip. We did an inspection the other day with veils & gloves & got a sting on the glove, although we're pretty sure this was in reaction to an inadvertant squeese. Even after the sting, the other bees just quietly ignored us & let us get on with it.

Back