• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Langstroth Hives

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frenchie

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Langstroth
Number of Hives
Hi,I'am looking to buy 1 or 2 complete, red cedar, Langstroth hives,new or s/h.Anybody know where I should look.Thanks.

Theres some on ebay.

Hi,can only find books UK or Hives from USA with expensive postal rates.

If you are buying in France why not try Nicoplast? Not Langstroth and certainly not cedar but an interesting product. At least the locals won't be able to blame you for being unpatriotic. Their hives are a sort of French BeeHaus but designed on a more practical model.

Hi,will be buying in the UK,hives will be here for a year or so then moved to France.

Heard about a beefarmer with about 450 colonies today. As he goes through his apiaries he is slowly culling all the old rotten wooden hives and replacing them with poly. He plans to do this over several years. The hives are quite old so this is not a viable strategy for those with younger wooden hives but the point is he has no plans to replace wood with wood. Beekeeping efficiency is vital as he is running a business.

However, if you are set on wood there are any number of suppliers including folk on this Forum and I would be happy to recommend the forum suppliers if wood it must be. They get good reviews.

Hi,definately want wooden Langstroth hives.Any idea's where to look for the best deals.

I got some good value Langstroth cedar from Peter Harris. Make sure he fits them with runners or castellations and tell him to fix on the handles extra strongly.

See here

Thanks for that.Have looked at the website and price is very good,will order one soon.Terry

Latest posts

Back