• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

langstroth hive for sale

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

burch

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Number of Hives
hi guys i currently have a langstroth hive with

Solid Floor
Brood Box
2 Supers
Crown Board
Queen Excluder and Fedder for sale will upload pictures later today.

How much are you asking and where do you live as I would be interested.

Regards;

Is your location within 50 miles of Cambridge?

Regards;

Yes, travelling distance is important.
Where in the UK do you live (Town/City/ or Postal area).
I live in the South (Porstsmouth) so wouldnt be interested in having to drive too far to collect really :)

Steve, I have a Langstroth hive for sale in Winchester.

Its a brand new hive This year from Thornes with a 2009 Queen on 10 frames and a super.

Reason for selling is I use National hives and it seems silly to run a single Langstroth with them,the idea was to try a Langstroth but I have so many Nationals already.

Its the hive under the 5 frame Nuc,It now has a super on with a glass quilt crownboard.

You have a very neat and tidy apiary, Admin.

JC.

Thanks JC,that pic was taken in May when the Hawthorn bushes at the back came into flower.

I do very well from Willow,blackberry and ivy,so my season spreads out from spring to autumn.

Just behind the bushes at the fence end of the hives is a very nice trout stream for the bees to collect water from.

After your flirtation with langstroth, what about converting your nats to 14x12 ?

I think it's a good combination, because with less active bees you can have a few on standard deeps, but use an eke to up the brood volume for the fast breeders. you can have the best of both worlds on one set of kit.

JC.

Hive now reserved.

I have 1 National 5 frame Nuc left,details in the original post.

I would like to start keeping bees next spring(2010), in Winchester. How much do you want for your hive with bees?
gordon

Admin, do you get any drifting with that layout?

Yes Peter I do get some,but about the same as any other layout.
Although I am not so sure about Drones,I can tell the female drifters by the colour but not so sure about the boys.

I dont worry to much as I tend to treat the apiary as a whole rather than individual hives.

Latest posts

Back