laburnum pollen

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wondervet

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
wondered if the violent yellow pollen they are bringing in occasionally was laburnum. Seems not tho. Quite a few of them in there today and pollen is brick orange.View attachment 10317

I have always been told that bees don't work buttercups - are you sure. If it is that's good because it's a great year.
Also told that elder and cow parsley not worked? Does anybody know if that's true? Again an abundance if so

I see bees on the buttercups in our meadow. Never seen elder or cow parsley worked by anything but flies. Meadowsweet is a bee favourite for pollen.

Thanks. Yes meadowsweet comes a bit later doesn't it? According my father it used to be very common but around my way you see it very infrequently and only in roadside ditches.

Will study buttercups more closely!

... Also told that elder and cow parsley not worked? Does anybody know if that's true? ...

Pollen from cow parsley. I've seen the bees being very busy on cow parsley a couple of years ago - but as far as I can remember it lasted only for a day or so, and then they ignored it again.

Latest posts

Back