Label Printing.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
3 National Hives & 1 Observation Hive.(Indoors) & lots of empty boxes..
I know theres a big thread about printing labels but I tried some stuff a couple of weeks ago that some of you may be interested in playing with.
Its a vinyl coated self adhesive gloss paper for inkjets.
Not exactly cheap but I am quite impresses with the results...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/50-WHITE-A4-INKJET-SELF-ADHESIVE-STICKERS-GLOSS-PHOTO-QUALITY-VINYL-COATED-/160720723999?pt=UK_Crafts_StickersScraps_Decoupage_SM&hash=item256bb3a01f

I printed these "tiles" on it..Sprayed some lacquer on for extra water proofing.

PICT2851.jpg

Thanks for that.... was about to look for just this item, as told it makes good bumper stickers ... once over sprayed!!

Yeghes da

Thanks for that.... was about to look for just this item, as told it makes good bumper stickers ... once over sprayed!!

Yeghes da

Yes indeed.

Spraying after applying will be better if possible to seal the edges.

Just the job. I want to put a couple of bees on the back of the new camper. Husband won't let me 😞

Just a reminder for those considering outdoor usage. Most inkjet ink isn't very good at withstanding sunlight/uv. Its a matter of the ink rather than the 'paper' (and so will vary with ink make, printer model, etc.) But it may be possible to find a spay-on 'sunscreen' protection to reduce fading.

These work well for honey jar labels, Avery Inkjet Addressing Labels J8173-25

Not sure how suitable for outside.

Mike.

Dishmop - I notice that its 110gm/sqm - do you think that this thickness would preclude bending around the corners on hexagonal or square jars?

CVB

Dishmop - I notice that its 110gm/sqm - do you think that this thickness would preclude bending around the corners on hexagonal or square jars?

CVB

Quite good adhesive on the stuff I had. but search for "similar items" and you may find some thinner stuff.

Just a reminder for those considering outdoor usage. Most inkjet ink isn't very good at withstanding sunlight/uv. Its a matter of the ink rather than the 'paper' (and so will vary with ink make, printer model, etc.) But it may be possible to find a spay-on 'sunscreen' protection to reduce fading.

Yep maybe, but you cant use it in colour lasers.
Thus stuff is also quite water restistant without any extra protection.

Dye withstands time better then ink.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back