Konigin

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ian123

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Any have experience of this company buying directly from them? Will they ship straight to U.K. Thornes sell their stock but funny enough out of stock and no delivery soon.

I bought mine via Thornes but they had to order it specifically because mine is not a standard they normally stock. It took about 3 weeks from order.
I'm impressed with mine, quality and price.

I bought mine via Thornes but they had to order it specifically because mine is not a standard they normally stock. It took about 3 weeks from order.
I'm impressed with mine, quality and price.

What did you go for?

I've got their 8 frame tangential extractor, the build quality is excellent, I used it last season and was really impressed, set the program to run atomically and by time I extract 8 frames I can uncap 8 frames. No 'blowouts' on the frames due to the way it works.

Hi and Thks for the reply’s even if it’s 3 weeks for a special order it’s 3 weeks quicker than thornes. What did they charge for carriage

The abelo 20 frame radial is on offer at £875 with free shipping. Supposed to be pretty decent.

I was after the 6 frame tangential for heather and brood frames.

Just buy 4 screens for the 20 frame abelo which converts it to a tangential extractor. They are around £23-24/screen.
They should take 2 super frames per screen making it an 8 frame tangential and given the extra distance from the spindle that a 20 frame radial gives you means the "G" forces will be even higher. You can a,lso extract National brood frames radially in the abelo 20 frame...but you need an elastic band to hold therm in place and keep them upright until you start spinning

Tangential-Screen-For-Radial-Extractor1.jpg

Last edited:
Thks all. Bf I’ve had 2 old 20 frame Thomas but kinda redundant but yes if done slowly they will extract bs deep 8 in total but not heather

If going specifically for a heather extractor, would a swing cage not be better?

For heather I'm a cut comb and hydro press the rest.

But.....It's a dilemma I play with every autumn...all that drawn comb wasted. By mid September I'm convinced I need to spend 4 grand plus on a heather honey loosener and reversible tangential to save all that drawn comb.
Spend Jan/Feb cleaning out frames and replacing with undrawn foundation and still think I need to spend 4K+.
And by Mid July I always think what the hell was I worrying about...all new super frames drawn, a load new ready to be drawn on the heather and more summer honey stored than I can expect to sell.
Bees like drawing comb in a flow, who am I to deny them :)

I would love to know some figures for the amount of honey you get on drawn vs drawn foundation...WHEN a flow is on.

"Bees like drawing comb in a flow..."

Swap out "like" for will profusely to gather together possibly
the most poignant factor in ecological sync for growing bees.
Regretably "comb draw equals honey" is the only focus for many today.

Bill

Anyone have a 12, 18 or 24 frame Konigin swing basket at all? Interested to know what they’re like and whether they can handle National brood frames.

Last edited:
Anyone have a 12, 18 or 24 frame Konigin swing basket at all? Interested to know what they’re like and whether they can handle National brood frames.

Have one that will extract 24 shallows or 12 deep frames, works really well ... bought from E H Thorne.

One of our other extractors takes 30 deep frames or 30 shallows, but that is just radial.

Last edited:
The abelo 20 frame radial is on offer at £875 with free shipping. Supposed to be pretty decent.

Hmm, how many hives warrants a 20 frame electric extractor? Tempting.

Have one that will extract 24 shallows or 12 deep frames, works really well ... bought from E H Thorne.

One of our other extractors takes 30 deep frames or 30 shallows, but that is just radial.

Ta very much. Lyson also make a 24/12 swing basket but it’s quite pricey.

What's the advantage of the swing basket extractor

Latest posts

Back