Konigin Machines

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My uncapper from 2018 is excellent and fast! 2 choice of motor speed.

How old is your machine?

3 years old now, got in the season of 2015. I'm guessing they've updated the control box in some way?

Honey paw, paradise honey and swienty, All better options I would think.

Their is nothing wrong with lyson and konigin but the build quality isn't as high.

It all depends on budget and how long they will be working for.

Honey paw, paradise honey and swienty, All better options I would think.

Their is nothing wrong with lyson and konigin but the build quality isn't as high.

It all depends on budget and how long they will be working for.

Buy from Swienty...most likely manufactured by someone else, like, Lyson.
But at least you will get a Swienty sticker on it.

Last edited:
I think most will out source the manufacture of the extracting lines, the design and build quality can still out preform though.

I am not bashing the Lyson and Knoigin machines as they aren't manufactured badly but they are done to a quality.

Generally I find that the quality is higher.

Well worth a trip

I went to see the latest equipment line for bee keepers from Konigin, the company are based in Hungary. The build quality was second to none, excellent stainless steel extractors and un-capping machines. Has anyone else here purchased any of the extractors or any other range of their equipment?

A lot of the equipment sold on the continent is of very good quality and keenly priced. Hungary has a big heritage with bees as do some other nearby countries, so it should be of good quality and durable. Like so much stuff these days you have to get your hands on the kit to decide. If you have contacts use them, its well worth it. The bigger expense is always transportation, even if you do it yourself. Be interesting to hear how you get on.

Bit the bullet today and bought an 8 frame tangential extractor, auto turns and has 6 programs. Looking forward to my next extraction..

Please let us know how it performs. Saw this company at BeeTradeX in March, ended up with a Carl Fritz extractor mainly due to the good reputation of CF & lack of reputation regarding Konigin being new? to the UK market.
Will say I'm extremely pleased with the CF unit, Konigin were very keenly priced though.

Bit the bullet today and bought an 8 frame tangential extractor, auto turns and has 6 programs. Looking forward to my next extraction..

That sounds amazing. Am I understanding you correctly that the frames are turned automatically?
I'm fascinated by the concept of auto turning frames in a tangential extractor can you provide some photos, preferably sequenced, or a bit of video of the unit in action?

Have to say I am really happy with my Konigin 4 cage auto turning extractor, it take 8 national super frames. I used it for my second extraction and not one frame broke out, frames are very clean as well.

Thornes are now selling Konigin machines.

Bought one from Thornes, swing basket extractor (mainly for heather honey) which takes 24 shallow frames, very good price, looks like a good machine, runs nice and smooth/quiet.

Bought one from Thornes, swing basket extractor (mainly for heather honey) which takes 24 shallow frames, very good price, looks like a good machine, runs nice and smooth/quiet.

Peter

I run mine and didn't even need to bolt it to the floor, I was very impressed with it, frames came out very dry as well. My old thorns one if it wasn't bolded down I had to chase it around! Your 24 frame one must be quite a size.

Peter
I was very impressed with it, frames came out very dry as well. Your 24 frame one must be quite a size.

That's good to hear, Brian, hope heather combs spin out very dry.
The diameter is a little over 4' (1230mm)

hope heather combs spin out very dry.

That was the main reason for buying it, but will use this one and the 30 frame premium line extractor together for extracting ordinary honey, thinking that will be more efficient than running just one.

That was the main reason for buying it, but will use this one and the 30 frame premium line extractor together for extracting ordinary honey, thinking that will be more efficient than running just one.

I struggle to load and run a nine frame and a 20 frame radial on my own!

Like the look of the awing basket beast tho!

:calmdown:

Have to say I am really happy with my Konigin 4 cage auto turning extractor, it take 8 national super frames. I used it for my second extraction and not one frame broke out, frames are very clean as well.

Is this the 63-4-AG model. If so Thornes describe it as only taking 4 super frames. Interested to know as looking to buy.

Thornes dont list the 8 frame on their site, but they'll get it if you ask. I went for the 12frame to fit frames up to commercial deep.

I've just bought a 9-frame Konigin extractor but not used it yet. It's certainly built to last, but there are some design issues which seem to have been overlooked.

The floor is convex so the honey flows to the perimeter and out of the gate. However, the weld between the floor and the walls is slightly low and there is a channel of around 3mm all around. This will fill with honey and be difficult to clean unless using a pressure washer. If this is left at the end of an extraction is would possibly ferment, or collect dust, etc. So one would possibly have to clean this both before and following an extraction.

To clean and sterilise the extractor thoroughly the lid needs to be unbolted and removed, and the pulley wheel (driven by a V belt from the motor) underneath the machine also needs to be removed, and all assembled prior to every use.

It is straight forward but does take time - maybe 45 mins each time to clean it.

Interested to hear from anyone with views / advice on this, please? Tx.

Latest posts

Back