Kingspan Insulation in Eke

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes you are, and you often do defend this particular individual.
The problem is you only step in when someone actually stands up to the usual suspects and gives some back. Then everyone gets deleted, not just the original antagonist.
No, that's not true... I don't defend individuals ... I value the forum rules and apply them ... if you have a problem with that then you have choices.....

There is also the ignore function. Works well, I've had some on it for years. Looking north north east.

PH

Yes, '63 was cold too. I was in college and my face flannel froze hanging above the wash basin.

Was living on the Moray Firth Coast East of Aberdeen two miles inland.
Three meter high snowdrifts outside our back door. Local sideroad to nearest town was blocked for nearly a month (too narrow and deep to plough)

Was living on the Moray Firth Coast East of Aberdeen two miles inland.
Three meter high snowdrifts outside our back door. Local sideroad to nearest town was blocked for nearly a month (too narrow and deep to plough)

We had it 'ard in those days......

The River Cam was frozen between Cambridge and Granchester (c. 3 miles) for about six weeks. Great for skating but it must be years since the nearby fens were sufficiently frozen.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fen_skating
One of my favourite paintings is of Reverend Robert Walker skating on Duddingston Loch. I wonder when that was last frozen?
https://www.nationalgalleries.org/a...ert-walker-1755-1808-skating-duddingston-loch

Spot someone doing renovations on roof and go ask for the cut offs. We have just had ours done and I have some nice scraps!
Hi
I took your advice and I've picked up some Kingspan cut offs, FREE! Although they're about 3" thick, Am I right in just cutting them down to fit inside the roof, (5" thick).? and, do I leave the foil on or take it off? Cheers

Hi
I took your advice and I've picked up some Kingspan cut offs, FREE! Although they're about 3" thick, Am I right in just cutting them down to fit inside the roof, (5" thick).? and, do I leave the foil on or take it off? Cheers
Cut to fit inside roof.
Leave aluminium foil on : reflects heat.

Hi
Or you can even make a complete hood to go over the crown board and down the sides if you feel artistic. Seal the corners with aluminium sticky tape. There is a good photo on the thread headed ' winter protection' from Dani.

Latest posts

Back